DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Vegetarian Option for French School Dinners

Posted by Hoopoe-645982 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by candid - 3 years ago

diabetic and coeliac children have the same problem with school meals.The canteens cannot be expected to cater for all diets.Packed lunches are the answer really.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hoopoe-645982 - 3 years ago

Thank you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by greenandpleasant - 3 years ago

Thanks for looking anyway - it has only been closed in the last day or so, and I think it's good news as it's now been considered as a firm proposal.  Which is really positive!  I did already sign the change.org petition you posted a link to and hope your daughter manages to sort something out for her new school year. 

Sorry no image available

... to 'Greenandpleasant''s post, I mean....

Sorry no image available

Oh I have only just seen your post and I have just visited the link and it is too late to vote! How annoying. Sorry, anything further like that, let me know!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

What's crazy about it?  You got the result you wanted without having to change the whole system to suit a minority interest.

Sorry no image available
Posted by greenwayjo - 3 years ago

I had to get a docters note saying she was vegaterian ,so she can bring a packet lunch , how crazy is that

Sorry no image available
Posted by jeanneashcroft-407856 - 3 years ago

You might like to contact the association L214 who campaign tirelessly for the better treatment of farm animals, and who also have meetings all over France, with frequent vegetarian meals organised.

You never know, they may be able to help, and will certainly be sympathetic.

The proceeds from the last horse show organised here  [22160 St Servais]   in 2014 went to them.

Sorry no image available
Posted by greenandpleasant - 3 years ago

Apologies, I know this is an old post now, I'm a bit behind!

Just for info, I live near Vannes and our local council has asked for ideas as to how they can become more sustainable and "green" after the recent COP21 summit in Paris.  I made the suggestion that a Vegetarian meal option could be offered in school canteens. You can read my entry here ; http://www.idcity.fr/d/vannes_56260/consultations/19/ideas/483?popup=true  If I have enough positive votes, they will consider if it is feasible to implement my suggestion (so if you agree, you're welcome to vote for me too!)  Apologies if I've breached any rules by posting this, I thought it was relevant to the discussion :-)

Sorry no image available

The school is public.