DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Wet weather activities?

Posted by Tongsaibay - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tilia - 3 years ago

It is a little over an hour away, but for sheer wow factor, the Maison des Abeilles and the Cite des Fourmis in Le Faouet is always on our list. Up close and personal with bees and ants so that you can see right into their homes. Guided tours via a cassette in english and honey products at the end to take away. http://www.abeilles-et-fourmis.com/

Sorry no image available
Posted by luap1 - 3 years ago

Check out this Activity Guide :

www.brittanyholidayguide.com/childrensactivities.html

you may have to cut and paste the link.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tongsaibay - 3 years ago

Thanks for your help everyone! GeorgeV - hmm, I can see where you're coming from but I  think that this activity for 4 or 5 hours every day would be a bit much! And my 12 year old granddaughter certainly wouldn't be keen....

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

To coin an old phrase, there is no such thing as bad weather, just inadequate clothing.  When mine were that age we used to find a muddy river bank and they would get filthy, not wearing very much of course.  Kids of that age like to get filthy without parents grumbling.  However do have some protective sheets for the journey home before dunking them in the bath.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

If they are happy wandering around even though wet there are the zoos. Otherwise oceanopolis in brest, at St brieuc by decathalon there is and indoor soft play area also bowling there. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tongsaibay - 3 years ago

Thanks Kerroux and Sarah - have relayed the info to my daughter (no interent connection at our cottage) and she is very grateful. Any other ideas still welcome!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah - 3 years ago

Or have a look here, the one in Brest that has been recommended is listed - http://brittany.angloinfo.com/af/281/children-days-out-for-kids.html

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kerroux - 3 years ago

Can't remember the name but there's a sea life centre in Breast.Sure if you google it you will find it.

Jon

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah - 3 years ago

This might be too far (over an hours drive) but the one place our guests love when the weather is bad is Grand Aquarium in Saint Malo, kids love the 'yellow submarine'.  Really hope the weather does improve for them :(