DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Families & Kids DISCUSSIONS IN Brittany

Welcome to the Families & Kids discussions pages. Our Brittany discussions forums are a great place to interact with other members, form new connections and get answers to any questions you may have.

Please adhere to our forum guidelines and help us keep the pages helpful and friendly.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sarah.-383548
Created: 15 years ago - Last reply: 2 years ago

Is there a shop in area 56 that stocks Clarks shoes for children or can anyone recommend a good shoe shop that does half sizes and different width sizes for children...

Replies: 8

Sorry no image available
Posted by Griffin Family

Does anyone out there have young children?I have a 2 yr old boy and a 9yr old girl.As there are no mother & toddler groups here it's hard to get to know people.We live in Gourin 56 and would love to meet other mums for a coffee & chat as my french is still very limited even after 18 months here.Marianna...

Replies: 81

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nikki Noel

Can anyone tell me what a child shoe size 11 is over here - I need to get my son some shoes asap!Thankls...

Replies: 4

Sorry no image available
Posted by sara penny

We have four children and are considering moving to brittanny. Our eldest is fourteen and is taking his options next year. French is one of his chosen subjects, but he is far from fluent. What sort of provision does the state make for children who do not speak french. Do they get extra help?  sara penny...

Replies: 6

Sorry no image available
Posted by cazherts
Created: 16 years ago - Last reply: 2 years ago

Are large trampolines widely available in Brittany?  If so where is the best place to look, either new or secondhand.  If tenants use the trampoline are there any "special" rules and regulations etc apart from the usual million.carolb...

Replies: 3

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hilary-382125

My husband is in the process of building a sand pit for the girls but needs a supplier of play sand - any suggestions for suppliers particularly as we will need a large quantitiy (more than a couple of bags). Any where in Merdrignac or Ploermel Regions.Thank youHilary  ...

Replies: 5

Sorry no image available
Posted by mags-382172

Anyone come across a place where you can get stuff for miniature dolls houses? Although I'm not yet living in France I want to further this hobby whilst living there and need to know if materials etc etc are readily available in Brittany. I currently have a dolls house and am in the process of doing a delicatessen in one/twelth scale.mags ...

Replies: 4

Sorry no image available
Posted by troubled-382124

We are thinking of moving to Brittany next year but I am very concerned about my five year old , who is showing all the signs of dyslexia. From what I have read French Schools seem to concentrate on French and Maths, neither of which he can do. Does anyone know how the French deal with learning difficulties? Also is the school day really 8am until 5pm. he is exhausted with 6 hours at school over here.Emma...

Replies: 8