Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


A state of desperation.

Posted by steve hall - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by steve hall - 3 years ago

Many thanks for the considerate responses.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

As most people are saying, if at this stage it's a problem rather than an actual dispute I agree that face to face is definitely the way to do it, writing is no good. Usually a problem starts with wrong data got onto the computer somewhere along the line, so if you sit down with someone and identify together where the mistake is, you can often come out with it sorted. There's no need to be confrontational, as kanak says the people are usually very pleasant and helpful, it's the system itself that you are both up against.

Of course if you've tried all that, and you have identified the problem but they still refuse to do anything about it, then it become a dispute and you will have to take it up through legal channels. But again as said, it has to be a very specific dispute. You have to explain exactly which part of the legislation they are not applying correctly, giving all the facts and figures and references and stating what in your view the result should be. This will then be studied and verified and a decision will be made on whose interpretation of the law is correct, yours or theirs.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 3 years ago

'eg'.... Both have a conciliateur if you feel 'your case has not been treated properly.'  So, as said, begin with LR (AR) and do make sure you satisfy 'le fond et la forme', because each area of complaint will have for eg  art.no.code of finances, and I'm afraid there is a lot of jumping through hoops to do.  I am assuming you have begun with a simple visit , because, for eg. I have found Trésor public very welcoming, polite, and ready to explain within which rubric they are operating, as they would normally prefer face to face problem solving rather than the disciplinary approach. So follow Kervéor's advice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by la Musique - 3 years ago

When you write, the letter needs to be sent AR, and keep a copy. They won't respond otherwise. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by bzh22 - 3 years ago

Goooogly translated emails do not work. Go in to see them in person (works extremelly well/rapid at about 11:50 or 16:50); sit your arse on a chair and make it VERY clear you are not going to move until they sort out the problem. It works!

French farmers have been doing this for years!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by stroller-817057 - 3 years ago

Yes there is an independent body that can help you overcome officialdom and it is FREE!

Here is the link...


Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Tresoir Publique have a ombudsman. You can get it inside the Tresoir. Not sure about CPAM.

Sorry no image available
Posted by malcolm1-10066606 - 3 years ago

Or if your not to far away come and get me I'll fix it ..  Free of charge as well . been doing it for 27 years now so sort of know how ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Citizen's Advice-put your post code in to find the nearest office


Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

I would say you are doomed to failure ,go and see them in person ,and if necessary take a well educated french person with you who will argue on your corner .One who knows the ins and outs of the french system.