Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Advice about child maintenance

Posted by Pimms - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pimms - 3 years ago

Thank you all for your advice you have all been really helpful.

Sorry no image available
Posted by avoican - 3 years ago

The French courts decision is applyable in the UK as are the arrears claimable the decision has europe wide effect . I help French companies claim in the UK and UK companies claim in France , once you have your court decision translated then go before a UK court you can expect the UK judge to uphold your claim ..works both ways .. As for instance now banks attack UK residents who have done a runner on debts mortgages here in France they get a judgement here then enforce it in the UK , you can run but not hide anymore ...


Sorry no image available
Posted by Hi ho! - 3 years ago

If you are now both back in the Uk then the juridiction of France cannot no long apply.


Sorry no image available
Posted by garethe - 3 years ago

I would imagine that the CSA know the position. You currently have a court order in France that determines what is payable that i presume you both agreed to, There appears to be a Reciprocal Agreement on CS issues (REMO), so I would imagine that you would need to apply to that court to change/overturn the order. There seems to be a fair bit of info on the UK site, hopefully the French version will be the same. Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

Go to Citizens Advice in the UK, they can probably steer you in the right direction. The implication that you are making is that the family arrangement in France at a point in time exists in a new juristication and under changed circumstances. Doesn't sound right to me.