DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

are you a uk LTD company but registered in france? who do you bank with?

Posted by ltdinfrance@mail.com - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lerome-405515 - 3 years ago

You could open a Euro account with one of the British banks in Jersey or Guernsey. But in my view, BNP Paribas is one of the more professional banks well suited to business accounts.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Grow Your Own - 3 years ago

We are a UK Ltd company and have a siret number in France thru URRSAF.  We are classified as "a business without a place of business" as we only employ salesmen/women who work from home.

For the banking, after alot of hassle it was easier just to open a € account with our bank in the UK

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

That makes more sense. If you'd said 'a bank account for a French branch/subsidiary of a UK registered company' it would have sounded less confusing.

I have two clients in France whose head offices are the UK, one is quite a big company and uses BNP and one is a smaller company and uses CIC, if this helps.

But HSBC sounds a good bet also.

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 3 years ago

You might try HSBC.

I have accounts in the UK and France with them.

janet

Sorry no image available
Posted by ltdinfrance@mail.com - 3 years ago

you can be a uk ltd company and be sireted and registered in france, but you head office is in the uk.

not all banks like uk ltd companies hence this post to see what banks are taking uk companies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

Could you clarify what you mean by 'a UK Ltd company but registered in France'?

If you're registered in France, you must also have a French business structure - EIRL, SAS, SARL... through which you trade in France. You can't have a UK Ltd company registered in France, that doesn't make any sense.