DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

ASPA

Posted by chink-401014 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by chink-401014 - 3 years ago

Anonymous Dordogne, I think you ought to try again but with the help of someone who speaks French. Is there a local anglo integration type organisation near you or search for an English speaking French person who provides help. There is several in Brittany but I don't know about your area. Perhaps a topic on here might produce results.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

They could take what they like when I'm gone.  I'll no longer need it. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by davethediver - 3 years ago

Hi, as KERVEOR above, be careful they have the right to take money paid to you, out of your estate when you die, careful careful.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

Be very careful with it ,they can claw back money on your deaths .Read all the literature you can ,make sure you understand the ramifications.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

I'm sorry I can't answer your question but I wish you the very best of luck.  I tried to get the ASPA a couple of years ago and met an uphill struggle all the way.  I kept being sent the wrong forms by the office in charge and then getting such a runaround I gave up.  I think that is their stratedgy.  It was clear by their published requirements that I was (and still am) way below their income level to qualify but unless a person is a very fluent French speaker and used to the usual bureaucratic runaround you don't stand much chance.