DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Auto Entrepeneur changes

Posted by New Statesman - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by New Statesman - 3 years ago

Thank you Buster and Reveuse, I found your replies very useful.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

They're probably just trying it on. My bank also said that at the start of our chat that they couldn't, so I said thanks but no thanks I'll open an online with Hellobank in that case and I got up to leave, and suddenly - they could.

However every bank is entitled to have its own policy so if yours won't, go elsewhere. The Hellobank online account did genuinely look like a good deal and that's what I would have done if CA hadn't done a U turn.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago
Sorry no image available

Is it correct that you only need an ordinary current account as an Auto Entrepeneur? My bank, CMB, say that it must be a business account with, of course, all the fees.

Sorry no image available

Mine is also at CA, and I also came out in half an hour with everything sorted, but my 'conseiller' for some reason decided to go to town on me and try turn me into her best friend. Including wanting all the business details because 'it would be better in future if I ever wanted a loan or any more services'. Waste of time but if they ask it's easier to go along with it than say no.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ingetje - 3 years ago

Reveuse, I aleady opened my account. It was at my bank CA, told them I needed a seperate account for my AE and they did it on the spot. no need for any information :) 

Sorry no image available

My bank insisted on having copies of my registration. I suspect that if you mention it's for a business they will, to make sure you're properly registered, they need to cover their backs. But you probably don't even need to tell them.

However it's not been altogether a bad thing because last time I went in to make an appointment to discuss a different matter they were being really ar5y at first and trying to put me off, then when eventually they did get my details up on the computer to make the appointment they said, oh right, you run a business don't you, and suddenly I could have an appointment any time I wanted and they were falling over themselves to be helpful.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ingetje - 3 years ago

no need to pay the 60 euros, only if you have them fill in the form for you. if you do it yourself its free of charge!

and no need for your siret number to open an account for AE....just a regular account as a business account is not required and will cost you about 30 euro a month!

Sorry no image available

Réel means a business structure where instead of paying cotisations on turnover as you do for AE, you deduct your actual expenses from your turnover and your charges are based on your profit. Much as you would in the UK. It's a bit more complicated but for businesses with high overheads it works out better, financially. The businesses that work best onAE are the ones where overheads are a tiny proportion of turnover, the lower the better. AE is a disaster for businesses with high overheads.

Sorry no image available

Reveuse, what is reel?