DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Auto Entrepeneur declarations.

Posted by scatterbox - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yasminh14 - 3 years ago

OK thanks for letting me know this Foxie (re. dates), I wasn't aware of that.  I will do as you suggest.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Foxie-986308 - 3 years ago

Yasmin, if they've given you a declaration date of 31/07 then it must mean that you don't declare yet. You wait until after 1st July, then you make your declaration for the first 2 quarters together. 

As I said, I think that is normal when you first set up your business - you don't start doing your declarations until the second quarter of activity.

Online is easier because there's no danger of you working it out wrong and getting fined for underpaying that way.

Sorry no image available
Posted by scatterbox - 3 years ago

Thank you everyone for your replies, they have been very helpful, and I now think I have got it.

Sorry no image available

Thanks Foxie - funnily enough the form turned up in the post this morning!  It seems all very simple.  I can either fill this in and return it to the address given with a cheque or sign up online and pay that way.  Think I will do that as I have had a couple of occasions here when cheques I've sent by post have never been cashed, don't feel safe sending payment by post.  They've given a payment deadline for this quarter of 31/07.

Sorry no image available

I would imagine you only get the automated email if you have signed up online, I couldn't say for definite but it seems highly unlikely that anybody at URSSAF is going to manually put email addresses into the system. They might send you a form in the post. But I recommend signing up online, because at the end of the day it's entirely your responsibilty to get your declarations in on time and if you miss the deadline even by a few minutes you get an automatic fine added on. So if they forget to send you the form and you forget to ask for it and your declaration ends up late it"s your problem not theirs.

It used to be that when you first start up you don't have to make a declaration until your activity goes into the quarter following the date when you started, if you see what I mean. There used to be a table on the auto entrepreneur site that set it all out. It's worth having a look. If in fact you don't have to declare until July, you will be able to set up your espace client now but it won't accept your declaration until the time comes.

Hope this helps

Sorry no image available

Hi there, was going to ask the same question myself as I have just registered for AE and wasn't quite clear how it works.  The declaration for the first quarter of 2015 will be my first one and want to make sure I don't cock up.  Will they contact me by post or email to tell me it's due, or do I have to register online and then just do it off my own bat?

Sorry no image available

It is exactly as you say, you're not confused at all. Trimester 1 was up to 31 March, therefore you have to make your declaration during April, I believe the deadline is 12 noon on the last day of the month, and f you pay by prélèvement then the payment will be taken on 1 May.

I don't really understand your problem because at first you seem to be saying that the site isn't letting you declare yet, and then you say you have put the amount in and it's telling you the percentage which sounds as if the site is letting you declare otherwise how have you put the amount in and got the cotisations worked out.

Anyway - Usually they send you an email when the site is open for declarations. You can only do what the site will let you do, sometimes you have to be a bit patient. It does tend to be ready later than usual at the end of trimester 1 because they have to do the IT maintenance stuff and change the figures for the 2015 rates. So if in fact it's not letting you declare yet, probably by 15th April or so you will be able to do it. Don't worry, they know what their deadline is and they'll have the site open for business in time, or if not there will be a message on the site telling you what's happening.

I have no idea what the exact percentage is these days, I leave it up to the site to work out what's due. Don't forget there is also a small percentage added on for formation. If you really need to know I'm sure you'll find the current rates for your activity easily enough on one of the auto entrepreneur sites.