DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Auto-entrepreneur bank accounts

Posted by winda1 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by janes-394036 - 3 years ago

Quite right Reveuse. Of course AE's can have foreign clients and work abroad. You're supposed to apply for an intracommunity TVA number of you're working for client based in other EC countries (although you still don't have to charge them TVA) but nobody seems to bother you if you don't. Obviously it's  good idea to apply for it if you're importing things or services from the EU because it means your suppliers may not have to charge you VAT.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

They're going to notify everybody by the end of the year that they're legally obliged to have a separate bank account as of 1.1.15? Yeah right.

AEs don't have a VAT number, so what? so why does that stop them working for clients in other countries? If you're thinking about the new VAT laws that there was all the fuss over at the end of last year (not sure what happened in the end) only applied to a very limited sector, wasn't it just online software distribution or something?.

There's no reason whatsoever why eg an autoentrepreneur translator can't work for clients in any country they like and accept payment in any currency they like. What has TVA got to do with it?

Please don't post misleading info like that , FB2, it might get people worried over nothing.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fredbloggs2 - 3 years ago

Only AE with email accounts were notified they are going to notify the rest before the end of the year by post ,and to answer Reveuse an Ae cannot deal internationally as they do not have a VAT account status ..

Sorry no image available

From what people say, your best chance seems to be with a bank where you already have an account.

Sorry no image available
Posted by winda1 - 3 years ago

Has anyone been able to open a £ account being french resident recently?  If so, who did you go through.

Sorry no image available

It's been on the news plenty, and if you've subscribed to any AE sites (eg the Federation) they've all sent out emails, and it's been discussed on here - I'd have thought it would be quite hard to not hear anything about it for 6 months! ingetje is absolutely correct, it doesn't have to be a business bank account - as it makes a point of explaining in the link I posted above.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ingetje - 3 years ago

it does need to be a business acount, just an account in your name solely used for the business.

I opened a regular account for my AE, no problems.

Chaspuss, they wont tell you, in France you are responsible yourself to know these kind of things if you own a business.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chaspuss-413808 - 3 years ago

I'm just curious to ask, but why havent RSI told me about this???
This is the first I have heard?

Sorry no image available

FB2, unless I'm missing something, the wording of the law doesn't mention 'French'. They probably expect it to be but they don't say so. Can you point me to where in the above link it says 'French'?

Of course you can invoice in £, $ or  whatever, there's no problem with that. There's no law that prevents auto entrepreneurs from trading internationally.

And even if everything is in euro it''s not possible for your credits to always exactly match your invoices because of eg. PayPal charges etc. It would be nice if they did but they don't, there's no way round it and unfortunately you sometimes end up paying cotisations on money you never even saw.

I'm sure the inspectors know and accept how things work in practice.

And I'm not sure what it has to do with the OP but MSA never did sign up to the auto entrepreneur scheme, so that doesn't sound like anything new.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fredbloggs2 - 3 years ago

Under the new regulations it has to be a French currant Buisness accout so that all of your billing matches up to your earnings declaration , therefore in € and your paying in amounts must add up to the same amount  as the bills to simplify the accoutancy .. your accounts are also forcibly in €  as are your bills . I keep doing new peoples paperwork so I haave been around the block a bit .. And now the MSA refuses to accept a micro entreprise on their books as a gardener , for them a gardener is a landscape gardener therfore they pay full contributions ... there is a way around it ....