DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Avis d'imposition

Posted by jamesmb - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Freda Checks - 3 years ago

Yes, very pleased to receive that letter too.

My savings was nearly €600!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Huey-407259 - 3 years ago

Had ours last month as normal.

Interestingly, have just received a letter (from Paris), saying that the new tax rates/allowances have saved me over €100 compared with the unaltered rates.

Dont think the Inland Revenue would ever even consider such action!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by jamesmb - 3 years ago

Pah! And I thought *I* was the special one...

Sorry no image available
Posted by hangloose-395445 - 3 years ago

Hi

i have always received mine mid Aug for the last ten years but I have not received mine as yet so I called at the Tresor Public and they rang the tax office and said things are late should be November!!!!

good luck 

Sorry no image available

Reveuse, luck, luck, lucky me!! I'm happy to be thought of as special by everyone EXCEPT the taxman! :)

Sorry no image available

La Musique, that's a good idea - except I don't have *any* of my numbers yet. I've kept some money aside so I can be mugged by the tax office in due course! :)

Sorry no image available

Rance, silly me! I'd forgotten to add in 'French admin time'!! :) Thanks!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

The impôts website actually says:

15 septembre

Solde de l'impôt sur le revenu et des prélèv.sociaux : date limite de paiement
Vous avez jusqu'à cette date pour payer si vous n'utilisez pas un moyen de paiement dématérialisé (paiement direct en ligne par internet ou smartphone, prélèv. échéance ou mensuel).
Le solde de votre impôt est égal à l'impôt sur le revenu calculé cette année diminué des deux acomptes versés (un en février et un en mai). Attention, dans certains cas, la date limite de paiement de cet impôt est fixée à une autre échéance (16 novembre). Vous recevrez alors votre avis au cours du mois précédent.

It sounds as if you're a 'special case' - lucky old you!

Sorry no image available
Posted by la Musique - 3 years ago

I suggest you set up a prelevement now, and begin making monthly payments. That way, you'll either owe less in November than you would have done otherwise, or they'll owe you. The amount can always be adjusted in the light of the assessment.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

It's France, it's normal. Impot forms being sent out and date of return for declarations has got later and later as the years have gone by, thus the Impot themselves send out the demands later. I wouldn't worry about paying anything by September, if you have a demand, then it will inform you when any payment is due.