DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bank account for small business

Posted by rock dj - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rock dj - 3 years ago

Thanks for replies and private mails,much appreciated,rdj.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

I have a personal account with Crédit Agricole so I opened a second personal account with them for my AE business. Cheque book, internet banking, no card - 60 cents a month, does the job.

Sorry no image available
Posted by crackeroo - 3 years ago

Hello,

Yes this is now a legal requirement, it doesn't matter how big or small the business is!

To make my life easier, I wanted to stay with the same bank and so be able to receive all my payments into my professional bank account, pay my cotisations and transfer my spending money into my private bank account. I came to an agreement with Credit Agricole that I could have a professional bank account for 5 euros a month. I had to wrangle a bit with them to get this, because once you mention the word "professional" to them, you are looking at costs of up to 15 euros a month. Because my accounting is incredibly simple (I am a teacher = therefore I have no deductible costs, no bills, just income and cotisations) I was able to get this reduced charge on an account with no cheque book and no card, purely internet banking.

Now, according to the autoentrepreneur website, it doesn't have to be a "professional" account but it does have to be an account which is used purely for business purposes. It would therefore be possible to set up a private account with any bank without mentioning the word "professional" and you would pay the normal bank charges. But in my case, I didn't want the hassle and in the end, I am quite happy paying 5 euros a month to Credit Agricole.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

I bnelieve you can just use an 'ordinary' account - but use it just for the business - doesnt have to be a 'business' account!