DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bank Charges- CMB

Posted by DaisyDaisy-423493 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 3 years ago

We have been very happy with the service from CMB.  We pay 9E 44 for a cheque account and two bank cards - have an overdraft facility and insurance on the cards.   (which over the years I have had to claim on twice for loss).   The charges are up front and you can choose what you want.  Had an appointment with our adviser one time (who can speak some english) and was told to cancel some cover we were paying for and didn't need.   One time when enquiring about travel insurance we were advised we could upgrade for free for a gold card to get the travel insurance it offered  and were told as long as we cancelled it before the year was up we would pay no more charges than our standard card.  Had no problems whatsoever - have saved money too on policies by having all our house,car & health insurances with them.

Several years ago we did move away to try a cheaper insurance where the agent was english speaking but the service was no way near as good, so went back to them.

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

The rates vary depending on what facilities you are useing and the type of bank card you have. Cards are not free but include an insurance in their fees, many include travel insurance, which I found most useful when due to the French Air Traffic Controllers strike I was considerably out of pocket trying to return to France.

I have always found the staff helpful and they will help you choose the best account for your needs or budget. I am sure the basic account including card is about 7€ per month.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Should have said 7.23

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

.23 for us with 2 cards and 1 cheque book. Are you paying for overdraft option?

Sorry no image available
Posted by brodeuse - 3 years ago

We pay 7.23 euros per month for a cheque account with two cards with CMB.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

You have to ask what ypu are paying for - they may have added an insurance for lost cards or an overdraft facilitie!

Sorry no image available
Posted by cmat-437477 - 3 years ago

WE have a cheque book and one card and its 5.65 per month, as we are retred we decided one card was enough