DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bank v Generali

Posted by hailoffame - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jonkar - 3 years ago

Not directly connected with this particular issue but in connection with the observation about being wary of Generali. We are still waiting since putting in a claim August 2014 for refund of premiums taken in error by Generali. Also we have great diificulty in checking the amounts debited by them as they bulk them and they never tie up. Our saga is ongoing!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by maisies dad - 3 years ago

Good luck. I had expensive communication problems with Agence Eaton and Generali. Both were difficult/impossible to deal with. The former despite saying they there to help non French speakers actually created the problem and did nothing to resolve it. Avoid both.

I would concentrate on the bank making good your extra expense. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by hailoffame - 3 years ago

Thanks again for the replies, I think I will return to the bank and try again?

I  will post the result if I get one!

Sorry no image available
Posted by phlophf-409902 - 3 years ago

I don't know which bank you are with but I had an instance with my French bank where the bank cocked up (not insurance). They should have sent money to my UK account, but forgot. They agreed to reimburse me for charges against me for causing me to be overdrawn. And yes - not losing one.....but 3? keep chasing them

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 3 years ago

Personally we have had no problems with the banks insurances (assurance) but loads of problems with Generali - our bank spent hours on the phone going up to the top managers of General to get some policy sorted out!    Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pushkin-986745 - 3 years ago

Banks are banks and insurance companys are for insurance , ALL banks insurances suck , they do not cover what they say and have enormous out clauses . I don't know where you are but I'll help if you need it .. PM me with details or a fone number ..  I have been doing this a while ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by hailoffame - 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies,

phophf   I think on this occasion the bank are guilty as they have re applied to end the policies and I have received the 3 AR receipts of signature all in the last 2 weeks.     The earlier letters all AR to loose 1 maybe,but 3......

I also agreewith the old bargee in that generali are slow to respond to any enquiries!

whats the chances of seeking refunds from the bank?

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Do you have any legal cover included with any policy?

Sorry no image available
Posted by the old bargee - 3 years ago

Be very aware of generali, we did the same thing as you and it took ages. The man at the bank did it all but even he had trouble with them .

good luck you will need it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by phlophf-409902 - 3 years ago

cannot believe the bank don't have a record.............unles of course they have cocked up - I would be chasing the bank rather  than the other company.