DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Better in your pocket than theirs!

Posted by Britney Ferry - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bollydolly-889742 - 3 years ago

Today in the Carrefour at Quevert the back of the till receipt has a coupon for €8 off a CT at Autosur in,  Dinan, Taden & Broons. Their website is showing a special price of €7 off the €70 cost, but you cannot use any other discount.

Ha Ha Jamie.....in light of the above I don't think I will try your idea, thinking I will try another way to become rich, that wasn't take as long! :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Britney Ferry - 3 years ago

Sorry, what I meant was they have an agreement with Autosur, so we went to one of Autosur's agencies and got the 15% discount.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

On the back of the till receipt at LeClerc, St Pol de Leon you get a €7 discount voucher. On the back of the till receipt at McDonalds Landivisiau you get €8. Both are for CTs in their own towns only.

We always use the one in St Pol (by Bricomarche) and the guy who works there is very helpful.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 3 years ago

This site gives an idea of what is available with Club Avantages GMF

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 3 years ago

Most insurers have a wide range of discounts available on new cars, car hire, car servicing, CT, holidays etc. Ask for an information booklet at your insurers or go on-line at your insurers into your personal space.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

He actually has the tariff displayed in the reception/waiting room with the extra for RHD noted!

I think it is likely that he didn't want to increase his price for his French customers so compensated by increasing the price for the many brits who go there.

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say that you had to go to the insurer's recommended place. Surely anyone can have their car ct done anywhere?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Britney Ferry - 3 years ago

Fitter - I've never heard of being charged extra for RHD before.  We had to go to the insurers recommended place but it turned out to be where we go anyway.

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - 3 years ago

So if anyone has a ticket and makes photo copies you could sell them for 4euros each and still save the buyer 4 euros !!!!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bollydolly-889742 - 3 years ago

We had our CT done last week at DEKRA in Taden near Dinan.

We have a RHD car, it cost €70 2 years ago, same price for LHD.

This time €62 as we had a voucher (back of a supermarket receipt).

Hope this helps :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

The miserable so-and-so that has been doing our CT's for the last five years allowed us a discount for one year only, next year we asked, he wasn't in the scheme so we didn't get any discount.

After he told us this it was the first time I had ever seen him smile.

He also charges extra for RHD cars - is he allowed to do that?