DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Buying US dollars with Euros

Posted by Rogthebuilder - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

OP didn't mention cash - no CF don't do cash.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JimH-405027 - 3 years ago

You would also have to have an American bank account to transfer the dollars to, I think. Currency fair don't send cash.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bob Bowen-382240 - 3 years ago

Where ever in the world we go I always get cash using my Norwich and Peterborough DEBIT  card to get cash from a machine. I always use my Halifax CREDIT card to pay direct. Both offer no charges on foreign use, and commercial rates of exchange. It can make a difference of between 5 and 10% on purchases over other cards or currency purchases. I get cash from the first ATM in the airport. That said some ATM's do raise a nominal charge but always warn you before you commit. Doesn't help you though if you have no access to UK banks or cards.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

You could try Currency Fair online but you would have to register first.

Right now 1000 euros gets you 1083.43 US dollars.

Whether that is a good rate of exchange is up to you!

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Magdelaine - 3 years ago

There are NO "decent rates of exchange"!!! When I went to the USA last time I searched for 6 months how to do what you want to do & found nothing. In the end I took my chance at WAS.DC airport with a "buy today & get back the same RoE amount on your return" ..which worked well in my case as I really did not know how much I would need for 4 weeks travel thru 5 states with hotel accom. food & gas + spending/visiting money.