DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cardif Insurance - English Telephone Number?

Posted by HarleyRider58 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by happychappie - 3 years ago

Hi Harleyrider,

As previous posters have sent you advice on your problem, I wont try to improve on that.

I would like to say congratulations on being in a position of having your mortage paid off, and can now go on to buy that new Harley you must be looking at??.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

If you want to write to them to cancel, you could try Google Translate, so you can draft in English and it will produce the text in French. It's not perfect and you need to keep it short and check it for obvious errors, but it is a useful tool. Make sure you send it recommande, just as you would tor any important business letter in France. They probably won't take action otherwise.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

Thank you Bretonne.... I'll give all of those a try

Sorry no image available
Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

I just found this telephone number for Cardif - no mention of English speaking but worth a try perhaps ...?

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

There's an email contact form on their website - http://www.cardif.fr/  but strangely no phone contact.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

Hence why it is spelled "Cardif"....  NOT "Cardiff"

When I called BNP (where our mortgage was held), they have no contact information for Cardif the insurance company.

I'm half-tempted to just write the letter in English and send it to them; but don't want to be rude.  If I need to hire a tanslator, then I will.   Just thought I might be able to get the number from a friendly soul here on AI....

Many thanks in advance!

Sorry no image available
Posted by brodeuse - 3 years ago

But Cardif is a french insurance company, part of BNP Paribas.

Sorry no image available
Posted by genie-382498 - 3 years ago

It's a French insurance company not the place in Wales!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

http://gov.wales/topics/welshlanguage/policy/?lang=en

"Our Welsh Language Scheme explains how we will provide our services to the public in both Welsh and English ..."