DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Completion of Application as a Self Employed Person's Documentation

Posted by cartersx6@icloud.com-10053964 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

@ chèvrefeuille - you would think so wouldn't you. It would seem a good idea to learn enough French to understand the business structure you are going to operate under and to be able to follow subsequent changes to the rules that will affect you. Otherwise you have to rely on other people to explain things and you don't know if they're right or not, and when the rules change you only find out what you have to do / should have done if you happen to hear it being talked about in English or see it mentioned on here. But that doesn't seem to stop people.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tue20oct - 3 years ago

Busted is wrong.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

Surely anyone starting a business in France would have enough French to understand the basic parts of the course.

Sorry no image available

The course is only for artisans, I don't know why busted thinks everybody has to do it.

Not sure what he means by 'affiliated to one of the organisations' either - presumably he means artisans and traders having to register with their respective chambers, but that's a separate issue. Artisans have to do the course and register with their chamber.  Traders don't have to go on the course but they do have to register with their chamber. Professions libérales don't have to either go on the course or register with a chamber.

I'm not sure the advice on tues's link is correct either - it seems to be saying those who were already registered have to do the course, but that's not correct. They do have to register. But they didn't all have to restrospectively do the course if they'd already started their business prior to the requirement.

The OP shoud check that he gets his help from a reliable source...

Sorry no image available
Posted by janes-394036 - 3 years ago

Thanks for the link, tue20oct, but that says that it is only autoentrepreneurs registering as artisans who have to do the course. I am still trying to find out if Busted is correct about all autoentrepreneurs having to do it. I think he/she must be wrong.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busted1 - 3 years ago

I just helped a friend to sign up as an AE in Pontivy and she was informed by the CoC as under the new regulations you  must be affiliated to one of the Organisations and therefore have completed the course , which she then did , didn't understand a word of the course but still got her Certificate of attendance ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by tue20oct - 3 years ago

This explains which auto-entrepreneurs have to do the course and a little aboiut the course.

Sorry no image available
Posted by janes-394036 - 3 years ago

Hi Busted1, 

Can you let us know where you got that information from because I can't find anywhere that says it is obligatory for ALL autoentrepreneurs, just artisans.

Thanks 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busted1 - 3 years ago

Under the new regulations ALL Auto entrepreneurs have to do the course to be bought up to speed on the regulations , accounting how and when to do your returns etc

Sorry no image available

Just to clarify, only artisans need to do the course, not everybody who sets up a business.