DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Consumer Rights in France...

Posted by gwenn-391886 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by plouyepaul - 3 years ago

ACCOB (Association Consumateurs Centre West Bretagne) as far as I am aware they are still in Carhaix, basically you pay around 20€ which covers you for any consumer related problems for a year. They will tell you to write letter to them 'avec acuse de reception' giving them 7 days to replace or refund. After this period you go back in with any correspondence you may have received. If it has not been satisfactorlly resolved they will take up your case immediately and take it right up to the courts if necessary. All providing you have suffered a genuine problem which gives them the full use of refulations to force a resolution to your full satisfaction.

We bought a wood-burning stove from BUT in Morl.aix many years ago, after months of head banging non-response they resolved it within a month, full refund, stove gone and a new one purtchased elsewhere. It does work! Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

They do a mag also a bit like the Which

Sorry no image available
Posted by gwenn-391886 - 3 years ago

Thanks chèvrefeuille, unfortunately I paid with my french bank card so not sure how much success I'd get that way :(

That's interesting, kervéor, thank you I hadn't heard of Que Choisir.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

Que choisir if you can find one by you .

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

How did you pay? When I had a problem with an Irish company Barclaycard credited my account immediately.

Sorry no image available

Thanks Fitter, unfortunately our Insurers are being useless at the moment so asking them to do anything else will probably just result in me tearing me hair out!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

If you have "protection juridique" in with your house insurance use that. 

One phone call from them works wonders so I am told - the retailer suddenly remembers their obligations.

Sorry no image available

Thank you Tinkatonk, looks like the 'hidden defect' clause may be very useful.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tinkatonk - 3 years ago

http://www.europe-consommateurs.eu/en/consumer-topics/buying-of-goods-and-services/guarantees-and-warranties/guarantees-and-warranties-in-france/

Sorry no image available

Thank you Tizzler, I'll take a look.