DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

coverting euros to pounds

Posted by emslloyd-405400 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by emslloyd-405400 - 3 years ago

many thanks everyone. I looked into Transferwise and its really easy, and means i can use my now not empty UK bank card!

Sorted!

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

When in the UK I use a UK debit card,I also have an Asda currency card which I load with euros when the exchange rate is favourable,always try to avoid using banks for currency exchange as usually  exchange rates are poor and they tend to charge a fee,sabc15.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 3 years ago

The rate you get depends on who you bank with,I have always used my card in the UK to draw cash or make a purchase and rate has always been OK ,perhaps you should check out another bank 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

As stated earlier probably best to use a Forex firm to tmake the transfer. Personally, I use Transferwise gives a good rate £ to € and is quick.

Depends on how much you are transferring. Certainly would not use the banks as they = lousy rates, plus a fee or charge.

Bon chance.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Or of course you could use a foreign exchange company to transfer cash between your bank accounts

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

You could try a pre paid mastercard such as travelex cash passport-basically you can load it with pounds when the rate is more favourable;or you could take euros andchange them into cash sterling.Avoid using your CMB card I used mine once in a UK hole in wall the exchange rate was poor and there was an €8 fee.After much research I landed on this which is a proper credit card it has no fees for anything and the exchangr rate is good   www.cartezero.fr