DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Declaring tax online - more questions....

Posted by Yasminh14 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yasminh14 - 4 years ago

Hi Philealing, yes I already have a Connexion guide from last year which was useful for my first declaration.  Don't really need it again as nothing much has changed, it was mainly this business with declaring the bank accounts online which was causing me bother.  Our income too has mostly been rental income from UK, although I am now working (self-employed) so that will change for next year.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Philealing - 4 years ago

I agree on not paying an accountant for a relatively simple return. Our income is mostly from UK rented property. I found The Connexion guide to filling in your tax return quite useful and at only €10 pretty good value. Might be worth it first you too.

Sorry no image available

Hi Castillon, OK thanks for that.  I hadn't seen that bit of the online form as I hadn't been right to the end, but I've seen it now.  I will put the additional 2 accounts on there.  That makes life easier, as I realised today that I couldn't drop in the paper form as my husband would need to sign it and he is away until the 19th, which would certainly cut things fine....

Sorry no image available
Posted by Castillon-615959 - 4 years ago

There is an option to add notes - I made a list of 7 overseas accounts in Word then cut/pasted onto the form.

This has worked fine for the last 3 years..  it even gets carried forward so only need to change the dates.

Hope this helps

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rover56 - 4 years ago

Pontivy are closed today - How do I know?     *!$&@"*

Sorry no image available
Posted by Itwasntme-998041 - 4 years ago

We always got to our tax office ask to see someone they check our forms over help fill out any parts we have problems with. That way you know everything is correct. they are always very helpful.

Sorry no image available

OK thanks everyone.  The questions weren't that complicated, so thought someone here might be able to help rather than going to our tax office, where there are always big queues.  For the income we currently have, I'm certainly not paying an accountant to answer such small questions! 

Thank you kathyd2, I did wonder if that might be the case with the bank accounts.  Bit annoying that you can't just upload a sheet.  I think I'll just sign off the paper one and drop it in today, still within the deadline.  Makes life easier.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kathyd2 - 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure you get taxed as a family here, not as individuals, so one form is right.

If you have more than 10 bank accounts including closed ones, your only option is paper I think... sorry. We were caught out by that last year. So you should be OK next year... 

Unless anyone knows any different of course?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jivedance-411773 - 4 years ago

The deadline for department 56 is June 9 if you are filing online. You can look up your own department on the impot website. Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jivedance-411773 - 4 years ago

The deadline is longer if you are completing an online return.