Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


double taxation

Posted by walnut72 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Foxie-986308 - 4 years ago

HMRC asked me for a certificate to confirm that I pay tax in France and I found one on my espace client on the impots website, downloaded it and sent them that. Seemed to easy to be true but so far, they haven't asked for anything else. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by luap1 - 4 years ago

When I first came here in 2007  my Double Taxation Form ( Form Individual ) stated clearly that the French Tax Office  had to process and send to the UK and although the process took about 3 months it all went smoothly.

In 2013 when I took a friend to the tax office to process his Form Individual,  Impot stamped and authorised the English version, and gave it back to him to send to HMRC himself. The wording  on the form now only states that it has to be returned to HMRC.  HMRC confirmed over the telephone that it was now acceptable for an individual to return their own form as long as it had been stamped / authorised by Impot.

I suggest you keep photocopies of both the french and english forms once completed.

You will know when it has been processed by the UK - they will send you confirmation in writing.


Hope this is of help.

Sorry no image available
Posted by junkanoo - 4 years ago


The French tax office sent the forms back to me. I had to send them to the UK myself. I also took the opportunity to copy them.


Sorry no image available
Posted by Hermes-640941 - 4 years ago

When I took the forms to my local Impots Office, HMRC advised me to try to get the form back from the Impots and send it off myself. They said the Impots are notorious for stockpiling the forms and sending them off in batches to the UK. I had no problem doing this and sent the form off by recorded delivery. Would imagine, but not sure, that you will have to fill in another form - good luck.