DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

EDF bill

Posted by Aliben-397416 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aliben-397416 - 3 years ago

Mine too Stavros, it was only for €16, just thought it was a cheek too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stavros-390635 - 3 years ago

I ignored the first bill, with its attached explanatory letter, believing that I could get away with it under the doctrine of "prescription annale". EDF then sent a reminder, inviting me to pay within 8 days to avoid further action.

On checking the legal basis for this retroactive bill, I discovered that there are no loopholes, it must be paid... meanwhile, I received a letter from a collection agency to get me to cough up, or face legal action.

We'll just have to grin and bear it. My cheque's in the post;

Sorry no image available
Posted by derekp-1001736 - 3 years ago

Woody you clearly do not understand it is because when the Gov decided to break the monopoly as they did in UK the EDF had to sell at a set price and only others could discount this price ,EDF decided they would discount it and now the Gov are forcing them legally to recover the money they kindly saved their customers so others have a chance to sell electricity. This is straight from the horses mouth and not some fantasy made up to impress others.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 3 years ago

Depending on the shortfall, the arrears are being fractioned ... so more to follow in your next bills. The Fillon government tried to limit price hikes, but the producers say they cannot sell goods at a loss and asked for retrospective arrears to be paid.  It is a debt and has to be paid (apparently).

Sorry no image available
Posted by chris1-400976 - 3 years ago

My bill went back to 2011, this was to include the price rise. When queried it amounted to 5 euros.

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago

We have received a bill like this, thought it was a bit of a cheek!  From what I understand the government didn't allow them to put up their prices are much as they would like a couple of years ago but EDF seem to have managed to persuade them .  We have a house that we rent out permanently and the tenants who lived there 2012-2013 have since moved so don't know what happens there.