DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

edf bill

Posted by walnut72 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Mella - assuming most of your 4 months is in the summer, you could go for Tempo tariff. You will need to look it up - it is complicated and does not suit everybody, but if the majority of your consumption occurs on blue days, it can work out much cheaper. However, you need to minimise all electricity consumption on red days (22 per year), which are extremely expensive. The EDF site can be used to tell you (by automatic e-mail) in the afternoon what colour the next day is going to be (300 blue days, cheap - 43 white days. middling - 22 red days, very expensive but they only occur in the winter) so you can plan accordingly. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mella-392532 - 3 years ago

We have just had similar.  Had set monthly payments and EDF just wrote to us in UK advising that from Oct these were increasing by about 30 euros per month for next 5 months until contract renewal.  We are also on tariff Bleu ... and my question is, is there a better tariff, perhaps with a lower standing charge but higher kw/usage cost, as ours is a holiday home and only in use for some weeks of the year?  Looking at our bill, a lot of the cost is the standard charge and taxes, rather than the actual consumption.  My understanding is that tariff bleu is similar to economy 7 in the UK.  Over a year, our house is probably only used for 4 months max, a few weeks here and there.  Appreciate that we only have electric and a woodburner (no gas).

Any advice on tariff choices appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sheldon-433307 - 3 years ago

OP, you're lucky, mine was 100 euros .  I did call EDF and was told everyone has to pay, that's how it is in France.  They make a mistake  and... Just pay!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

Perhaps,

walnut72  this has been dicussed on here before. If you cannot find anything on the search facility come back and I'm sure someone will help.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian2bin - 3 years ago

Gosh dozygirl was quite correct  

Your search for discussions on "EDF extra charges" returned 5419 results.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian2bin - 3 years ago

Dave Evans How would you word it then,as far as i can see the question was answered by dozygirl while your comment had nothing to do with the OP. So you contributed what exactly?

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl-10045474 - 3 years ago

How else can I say it?  This subject has been discussed many times before and a simple search in the search box will lead you to all the discussions about it.  Why say 10 words when 3 will do.  The answer will be the same.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

dozygirl there are much more polite ways of phrasing your answer.

Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

As said. All you can do is pay it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl-10045474 - 3 years ago

Been discussed loads of times.  Do a search in the search box.