DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

EDF Estimated Bills

Posted by moonraker44 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 4 years ago

Yep. I get regular email reminders because that's what I originally signed up for.

If my usage is tiny, they show the amount due but add it to the next bill-stated online and clear as crystal.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 4 years ago

You have to opt in for the email reminders - tick the right box!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 4 years ago

I get reminder emails as regular as clockwork, usually for  a couple of months ahead. Also I've found that when back in England for winter and I've no usage, it (their system) cannot accept it. So I just add 5 kWh's on each reading I send and they (and I) are happy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 4 years ago

I do the same.  Such a shame the great EDF can't tweak their software to automatically send out reminder emails when it is time to submit your reading.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chemin vert - 4 years ago

The only announcement that I get about the online meter reading comes on the previous statement. It gives the window during which readings can be recorded and I mark them on my diary.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LilyP - 4 years ago

I agree re sending in your meter reading and going online - each bill is then accurate but for some reason EDF do not send me an e-mail when a reading is due - they send me an acknowledgement of the reading and when I've paid but no request for the actual reading itself - strange. It just means I have to remember/look at my account for when a reading is due. Still much better than the estimated bills especially as ours is a holiday home and so difficult to estimate.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Beekeeper-446653 - 4 years ago

Every year they re set my prevelement automatic to higher than the estimated reading. I then phone them up and reduce it to what I want. This year i have just had my annual bill and yet again, i was right, 41 euros in credit.

They just want to loan your money and bank on the fact that if they constantly do this to everyone, they always have a large ammount, but in their account, not ours. We all then have to struggle each month to meet these direct debbits! admittedly i choose to have direct debbit, but you need to watch these people, your just a number, and whether you are struggling or not, its them that always makes the estimation, always far too high!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by grumposgirl - 4 years ago

Never have a problem contacting or talking to EDF - always really helpful - if we dont like an estimate we just call them with the reading and they reissue the bill whatever the over estimation .

Sorry no image available
Posted by stephandsam - 4 years ago

we've been here nearly 10 years and we also get the about 30% over-estimate, that's on tarif bleu..

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 4 years ago

How long have you lived here?  We found for the first few years they over estimated, but after that they got used to our usage and are round about spot on now.  To complicate things for them we are on the tempo system so they have 6 prices to work out . Really we are quite impressed at their accuracy and have had no problems sending them a  reading if we are not around for their meter reading - twice a year, the date of which they notify us by letter.