DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

English Speaking Avocat

Posted by stonedecroze - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fredbloggs2 - 3 years ago

Of course an Avocat will take you on as a customer from a different department , but then he will bill you his substitute Avocat in the department required

Sorry no image available
Posted by Waismeet - 3 years ago

We live in 56 and had no problem using an outside advocate from 35 And he was fluent in English. Try the one in Plelan le petit.  Good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by stonedecroze - 3 years ago

Well thanks to all but now confused as this afternoon I spoke with an avocat who is registered ina department outside the one in which I have a problem who appears willing to assist me. I am now thinking that I need to find one ithin the correct department otherwise it will be more costly.

Thanks for the input anyway.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

I am sorry I was obviously misled by the sites I looked at which gave the impression (obviously falsely) that would take you on whereever you lived .

Sorry no image available

OH dear your talking rubbish Kerveor ths Avocat is limited to his/her department , they then hire in another Avocat at your cost to represent them in the other department . I was a Judicial Clerc for 17 years I think I know this one off to pat ...

Sorry no image available

Thanks kerveor....nearly off on a false trail though of course I would have checked.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

Not true tap in avocats then avocats val d'oise ,it says they can practice in every dept .Certainly "ambulance chasers " on the net exist that operate all over France .

Sorry no image available

Well you live and learn.....I had no idea - thanks. Well I live in 56 but the dispute lies within 35 so I assume the latter?

Sorry no image available

Might help if you indicated where you live as Avocates cannot cross department lines