DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Free Banking

Posted by Vannetais - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pachypach - 3 years ago

I've never had any problems with sending cheques in, although most of my clients now pay by online transfer anyway, so it's secure and quick.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Vannetais - 3 years ago

Yep I am a French speaker and not bad actually hence my service to the French. Thank you all for your opinions, I am going to open an account with CA in our village, 5 mins by car to reach it.  Vannes has lots of branches but too far for the odd cheque. Charges are quite low so great for my needs. On line banking is something I have considered but after reading the French critique on some I have chosen the street banks. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

Have you been in commerce?

Any problems with an online bank means calling the bank up or speaking on the phone, our family all speak French so no problems but if you don't, then what will you do? You want to pay a cheque in, simple with a local bank, with an online you send it then wait for it to clear. Literally if you have any problems, with a local bank you either get an appointment or just walk in.

We have paid in up to ten cheques a day, we always took them in. Online you have to send them in, can you imagine that? The banks and anyone else that holds your insurances want anything like cancellations etc it sent by letter reccomendee, are you willing to do that to send in all the cheques, or are you going to take the risk that they will arrive by normal mail, maybe they will but we never wanted anything that carried the slightest risk of losing a cheque, or carrying a problem with a cheque missing.

All in all, give me a local bank over an online bank everyday for commerce.

Sorry no image available

Rance, why not, please explain.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

Sorry but never in a million years would I ever have an online bank for commerce. As a second bank for private use maybe but as a bank for commerical use, not a chance. Why do you think these online banks offer inducements, so you get something for nothing, what does that tell you. If you have an income then join Oney for  free debit or credit card but bank locally for your commercial needs.

Sorry no image available

Boursorama ask for 300€ to open the account, but you can then take this back out again!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

It depends on the type of business of course but in 5+ years I think I've only ever had 3 clients who have paid by cheque rather than bank transfer or paypal, but then most of my clients are businesses.

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

'Hello Bank' is BNP so no problems with gravitas. Cheques can be deposited into a local BNP branch with a carte bancaire. However, to have a free card, there are minimum amounts to be paid into the account each month-different for the level of card you have.Not great for a start up business situation.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

Boursorama does look good, especially with the 80€. Although there's a minimum deposit of 300€ to open the account, so that still leaves 220€ to find, and the OP said they are looking to keep start up costs down.

Sorry no image available

I have opened an account with boursorama bank (online account)

No charges, free cheque book (and card if you earn so much).

If you send me your email address I can send you a link that will also give you 80€ into your new account when it is open. :-)