DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Free Solar Panels

Posted by Brian29190 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brian29190 - 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian2bin - 3 years ago

The word free should strike fear into your soul no such thing I have found over my 60+ years I doubt it will change anytime soon.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 3 years ago

It may not exactly be a con, but its not the whole truth either.

The solar panel company will complete all the paperwork and install the panels for you (usually at a higher price than you would pay a Qualit'EnR PV artisan). BUT they will also get you to apply for a loan. In doing this the installer will get payment on the end of contract plus commission from the loan company. You will have to repay the loan company in monthly installments. NOTE that EDF will only will only pay you for your electricity after your first 12 months of production when you have sent them a facture and then once per year. If you have any problems with repaying the loan it will have nothing to do with the installer.

If you go onto this map and zoom into near where you live you can get an idea of other peoples installations, what materials they have used and which company installed them. Another list shows what individual Bretons are producing.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

As the Iron Lady said" There is no such thing as a free lunch"

Sorry no image available
Posted by vwkompak - 3 years ago

Don't be tempted. You would basically be renting out your roof and this will cause problems should you want to sell your house. I don't know how much the feed in tariff is in France now, but these firms make their money by claiming the tariff themselves. Your electricity bills would reduce but so would they if you paid for the panels yourself.