DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

gite changeovers

Posted by loolabelle-445318 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rance-384571 - 3 years ago

Two camps appearing here, some  Brits that believe you have to pay more to get good and proper cleaners and those of us who understand how it works here. We had offered people work here for a very long time, we paid the SMIC plus a little bit more (rounded up normally) and as I have already said, we had excellent cleaners and some good and some average etc. Paying a salary on a par to those people that have their qualifications through much studying and training is just not on, sorry. We had local people who were loyal, money wouldn't  have made them better cleaners. You can either clean, or you can't. We always tried to make ours in to a good team, we laughed, we joked and we ate together at lunch.To them cleaning was a paid job and they knew that it was on a par with a lot of other SMIC rated work.

I worked with fellow seasonal vendangeurs as a young man, now that was very hard work and that was for pennies (and a litre of wine), no SMIC then ! And yes, people did that to be able to live.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Original poster, the person who started the thread must be worried that if she offers too little the locals will label him or her a skinflint andcif he or she offers too much will be labeled as a fool, what a dilema.

Sorry no image available
Posted by clacway - 3 years ago

what is op

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

I bet the poor OP has a terrible headache.

Sorry no image available
Posted by clacway - 3 years ago

You are of course correct but it is strange the 2 french nationals pay on CESU as  well  as the English  Gite owner 

Talking to another French client yesterday he pay 12 euro and is registered with Ursaff so his true charge is nearer 18 27% of france work for smic and average hours worked is between 23 and 27

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

Rance, no you're right, as a business a gîte is not allowed to use CESU, they should register the employer through URSSAF. I forgot that.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

Kerveor, it's good to see that real professionals are well provided for.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

Grebo, I think you need to read my post again. I never said that cleaning is a profession. A clearer is typical of the type of person who would expect to be paid ar minimum wage. Only a tool would expect to pay more. Supply and demand will have an effect on the situation but in times of high unemployment that should be negligible.

Anyone paid to do a job can claim to be a professional not an amateur but in the case of cleaning minimum wage is enough. As you are paying you can spect a professional job for that price.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

A wake up call to you all "journaldunet.com " gives a ville by ville break down of salaries which is fairly up to date from cadres to ouvriers .So stop bickering ,this is not England salaries are lower but with a promise of a good retirement attached to some of them .95% of salary for a head of a primary school who has been at the same school for 25 yrs etc  Or salaires par département education.gouv.fr will be an eye opener .I can site doctors salaries also but Incan't be bothered ie a cleaner needs NO qualifications and a modicum of trainiing.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Grebo-210000 - 3 years ago

Chevrefeuille

think you need to read my post again. I said PROFESSIONAL not Profession. If you can't understand the difference I suggest you ask your highly educated relatives. 

I like a professional job done. 

Painter. Can do a professional job

plumber. Can do a professional job

window cleaner. Can do a professional job. 

Gite cleaner. Can do a professional job. 

All tradesmen can do a professional job. 

Now a doctor is a proffession

a surgeon is a proffession

I employ a person to do a professional job & when I'm happy with it I will pay them a professional rate.