DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Government funded French course

Posted by freyamb - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by agente securite - 3 years ago

Its run by greta in conjunction with pole emploi, Francais langue etranger course runs 6 momths 35 hours a week during wich you go on stage with an entreprise , Morlaix runs from january to july carhaix slightly different, as regards remuneration they take amount of time worked in europe not france it is a good course, they do however ask do you intend to stay in brittany? they are switched onto the fact there isnt any work

Sorry no image available
Posted by freyamb - 3 years ago

Thanks! Sounds great :)

Posted by DebW - 3 years ago

Hiya, I did the course at Carhaix, it is run by the University of Rennes so is available at some other towns too.  The people on the course we're really varied from ages 19 to more than 60, really varied backgrounds and experience, we were from all over the world, it just seemed that we all wanted to learn French in order to work. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

To those people enquiring about the course I mentioned at GRETA training , my wife signed on at Pole Emploi last year, was told she needed to learn French and was directed to Greta . On visiting GRETA we were told that as soon as the unemployment registration came through to them , she could attend free language training with  them . Depending on initial abililty I think, she attends Friday mornings for 3 hours a week , college term dates, ongoing until her language skills are reasonable . 

She is now in her second year of attendance, with never any mention of an end date .

Sorry no image available

Thanks everyone.

Deb Wills - would also be grateful if you could let me know details of your course and criteria etc. Thanks again.

Sorry no image available
Posted by floweryrosie - 3 years ago

Deb Wills - where did you do the course. How did you register and what were criteria for acceptance please.

Posted by DebW - 3 years ago

I have just done the pop fle course and got on it through Pole Emploi, it was for 6 months and we were paid, being classed as working we got our Carte Vitales extended through it.  It was a fantastic course and runs from November to April with an Exam in May.  The interviews for it were held on Tuesday.  I would recommend it to anybody wanting to integrate and get a job, although there were only 14 places available on it last year.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

The one my friend did was 5 days a week all day and yes she was paid bynthe region while doing it

Sorry no image available
Posted by LangeHaas - 3 years ago

Rudge, are these classes always free or only for people registered with pole emploi? Do you happen to know if it is one full day per week, or just one or two hours?

I started a french course in Lorient (which was almost free), but that was three times a week 1.5 hours each time which was not practical (for me at least since it's quite the drive to Lorient).

Sorry no image available

Thank you.

Do you happen to know if it's true that the employment centre pay you to do the course? This is what I heard, but find hard to believe!