DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Holiday cash.

Posted by Tarra - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tarra - 3 years ago

Thank you everyone.   It would be much easier for us to use the CA card in UK as our main account is with them.   If we go to the cashpoint in UK at our Nat West Bank does it cost a lot to get cash from there>

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

Because we travel via Brittany Ferries, we often do our exchanges on the ferry; their rates are within a couple of pennies of the exchange services.

Sorry no image available
Posted by absolutely gallois - 3 years ago

We use Moneycorp and it works well.  However if you use CA cards in the UK perhaps it would be helpful to inform them that you are going to use the card in the UK particularly if there is going to be heavy usage.

To date they probably just see French usage?

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

I always pay with my CA card and have never paid fees on transactions only paid fees at certain cash points,problem I found in UK is there are an awfull lot of privately owned cash machines that do charge some funny old fees so make sure you take a good look at what's on the screen before you press OK.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

I agree, use transferwise to transfer euros into sterling and into your UK account.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nbdreamon - 3 years ago

We use Transferwise to change money. Fast & efficient and a good rate

Paul

Sorry no image available
Posted by dancingqueen-424771 - 3 years ago

Bank transfer money from your French account to your UK account, then whilst in the UK withdraw whatever cash you need.  Deposit  all the money in one go and pay one flat fee.  Using your debit card, you'll be paying quite high charges on every transaction.

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Using your CA Debit Card is often the cheapest option but check with your bank before you go as most French banks place a limit on the amount you can spend regardless of the balance in the account.