DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Hospitalisation only mutuelle

Posted by Janouk - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by roliver - 3 years ago

Thank you, I logged into CA mutuelle and thought the prices a bit dear.  Will keep searching.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

CA is credit agricole, usually you get a bit better deal if you are a customer of the bank and have other various insurances with them, although myself I have now found I can get every insurance I hold with CA cheaper elsewhere.

Sorry no image available
Posted by roliver - 3 years ago

Good evening, so I  too am looking for a mutuelle just for hospitisation, or if a good price, a basic cover.  I'm 63 and have had quotes from Axa of €60 p/m which is too expensive.  Most of you seem to plump for CA or AFI which I've not heard of.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 3 years ago

Forfait Logement is applied when you don't have a mortgage on your property.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Janouk - 3 years ago

Thanks geegee42 (apologies for referring to you as george42 earlier !)  I have looked at several comparison sites but will try that one too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Try assureland a price comparison site, they compare all types of insurance, price does not always mean better or worse but usually whether or not your age or sex fits their preferred client profile.

Sorry no image available

Which is precisely why we are now looking for hospitalisation only cover and which brings me back rather nicely to my orginal post.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rance-384571 - 3 years ago

Janouk we posted at the same time and yes I do know of ACS, as I suggested in my post.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rance-384571 - 3 years ago

Not at all. The French retirees like Brits and other EU retired residing in France are covered for 70% of their health cover and as we know some illnesses are covered 100%. It s then the choice of everyone to take out a mutuelle. If money is a problem, or rather the lack of it, then one applies for CMU-C. In the mix is whether the applicant owns his/her/their house. So no need to sell the house, as it has been worked out even with the property ownership taken in to account that one can afford a mutuelle. If anyone prefers to spend their money on something else and not on a  top up, than that is their choice. There are, or was, a sliding scale if you are close to the cut off for help with the CMU-C.

Sorry no image available

george42 I sort of guessed that it was the reason and I must stress that I'm not in any way complaining about the fact that we are now over the limit to receive the aide, there has to be a ceiling of revenue & if we're above it so be it. We have always funded our own health care until the last 3 years when we applied for and received ACS.

Rance I expect you know that there is a difference between CMU and ACS, we have never received or applied for CMU. ACS (Aide Complimentaire Sante) is as it says, an aide towards the cost of a complimentaire, so whilst in receipt of ACS we paid a proportion of the complimentaire (we were paying 143 euros per month before aide)

My initial post only asked if anyone had heard of the company which I'd received a quote from, or if anyone had better quotes, I have no quibble with the system, just needed to better understand. that part of it dicussed concerning forfait logement and thank you george42 for clarifying it a bit more.