DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Hosting French students

Posted by Petrina-439782 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twiglets-10060825 - 3 years ago

INFORMATION on the top task bar is there to answer your questions for AI altho there are changes this month of which I believe a course of French business studies @ ?250 euros to pay for this pleasure. . In a nutshell you pay 25% of your income with no deductions for expenses.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Petrina-439782 - 3 years ago

Thank you so much for your reply. Could you tell me a little more about the AE scheme please? or where I can find out about it? 

Thanks 

Petrina

Sorry no image available
Posted by COCO-783436 - 3 years ago

hello  we  were  registered  with  a  company offering  a  similar  service  however  opted  to  register independantly  under  the  AE  scheme  after  discovering  that  although we  were  paid  only  350€  per  child  the  company  was  charging  the  parents  700€!! as  they  only served  as  an  introductary agency this  seemed  rather  unbalanced

this  job  is  rewarding  but  you  are  in  effect  becoming a  substitite  parent  and  you  have very little  free  time   most parents expect english lessons  trips out  for their children etc Therefore  the  cost   to  the  host family  in  terms of  time and  money  outlaid can be  more  than  you  expect

Sorry no image available

Thank you so much for your reply. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by greenandpleasant - 3 years ago

We have done this in the past, it is very rewarding but not really something to do for profit.  It's quite intense.  We stopped just because we didn't have time to give the students the time they deserved, but we've stayed in touch with a lot of them.  It was arranged through Christine Predery's organisation - I think it's called "Bringing People Together"  she is very professional and a pleasure to deal with.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for the info. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

I tried to do this througt EFS that advertised on here . Sent them all my personal details and location , but did not hearanything for a couple of months . When I further enquired they wanted more pictures of myself and partner . Then did not hear again so enquitred and they told me there books were full for the year . No mention that they might be interested in me next year ,