Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


How long is the formation ???

Posted by c2oafc-383379 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

I'm self employed and last year I applied for funding for a training course but I was turned down because it wasn't connect to my activity. I had to change my NAF code and reapply and then it was approved.

But, I know that under the previous system, employees were often funded for courses that were personal interest rather than professional. I know that because worked for a training organisation and a lot of the students I had were learning English purely for personal reasons, because they wanted to use their training entitlement.

Training has to be approved through organisations called OPCAs, and (unless it's all chaned) depending on where you live and what your activity is, there will be a particular OPCA that you have to apply to. That's because the employer pays into a training pot for his particular sector, it's not all just one big pot for everybody.

Mostly it can all be done online once you have all the information. You choose the training you want and put in an application. I think you have a personal budget each year but it's usually enough to cover a couple of courses.

There is a list of OPCAs here. https://www.afdas.com/infos/afdas-opca-et-opacif/liste-des-opca-et-opacif

That's probably not a lot of help, sorry, but it's all I know/think I know. 

Good luck with it, I found it quite complicated to figure out what to do, but it's worth ploughing on because the money is there for you to use.

Sorry no image available
Posted by c2oafc-383379 - 3 years ago

 Thank you Brian61 , I havent given up yet .. information is like pulling teeth at times !! all info / help, appreciated

regards Chris


Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 3 years ago

This is a list of the organisations that do "formation en matière d'hygiène alimentaire" which might be useful to you. It looks as though the standard length of training is 14 hours and can even be completed on-line for a cost of 427€ (maybe out of date).

Sorry no image available
Posted by c2oafc-383379 - 3 years ago

Thanks you two, currently a carpenter but looking into food .... bit of a change there then !!


Sorry no image available
Posted by jo-c - 3 years ago

As of Jan 2015 the DIF changed to a new system and you should've got information on this along with your current number of eligible hours with your payslip in January.  Go onto www.moncompteformation.gouv.fr.  You can look up the formation you're after, you need the APE/NAF code of your current employer which is on your payslip.  Your employer isn't obliged to agree to a request though, it depends on whether or not the training your after is 'eligible' under your current employer's sector.  Don't go to Pole Emploi, they'll only deal with you if you're currently unemployed.  On the moncompteformation.gouv.fr website there's a list of organisations who can help you, depending on what sector you're currently employed in.  The best people to speak to are probably FONGECIF.  Have a look on www.fongecif-bretagne.org, there's a list of phone numbers for your local contact.

Sorry no image available
Posted by avoican - 3 years ago

Hi there , the only people that can answer you correctly is PolEmploi as they are the ones to convert your points int a training course and they will then tell you where and how long .. beware they may try and send you miles away to do a course and the costs of accomodation and travel are all yours to carry ..