DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

I have poorly mate who lives on the breadline!!!

Posted by c2oafc-383379 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by salsachica - 4 years ago

Sounds like your friend may be entitled to some help from the British Charitable Fund:

http://www.britishcharitablefundparis.org/britishcharitablefundparis/Home.html

Sorry no image available
Posted by c2oafc-383379 - 4 years ago

Thanks for the replies , Its solely his sick pay ... I personally thought it wasnt a lot ;; I am sorry if I thought wrong my mate just keeps smiling and living the best he can , I cant understand Kingly how you have friends living on less than, 600 euro per month ... thats incredible , and sad .

Chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 4 years ago

his mairie will give him names of assistante sociale ,they are bound to be confidential.

Sorry no image available
Posted by floradora - 4 years ago

Is that Rsa if so he should be able to claim some money to pay rent on top.  Ask your assistante sociale at the conseil générale 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Foxie-986308 - 4 years ago

As said, ask the assistante sociale. Have to say 600€ doesn't sound bad as a benefit if that all comes from the state, or is that also from private insurance policies? There is a scheme where you can apply for funds from the state which will then be taken back out of your estate, others on here will know more details.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rua-408032 - 4 years ago

So sorry to read this,to have such a hopeless outlook is bad enough without having to worry about where the money is coming from to live out an extremely limited life span.

In the UK those in a similar position are entitled to increased benefits and capital grants, not sure if there is a similar system here but you might want to contact a few of the Cancer charities that advertise in the Connexion.

Best wishes in your endeavours.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 4 years ago

Maybe best to talk to the assistant sociale, they would be able to sort out what ever he needs