DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Impots 2016!

Posted by longmeadow - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

Except that for this year for people who recieve a french pension 2 extra charges have been introduced .Monies came out of our account first week of Jan ,letter informing of amounts was in letter bow yesterday !Typically french way of doing things 

Sorry no image available
Posted by tinabee - 3 years ago

On the pink form (2047) page 1 under pensions, retraites, rentes enter your husbands income from all his pensions against declarant 1 and your pension income against declarant 2. There is no need to say what type of pensions they are on this page. Then on the last page in section VII enter his police pension (put "pension police" under the nature de revenu column). Remember to copy the amount declared in section VI into the relevant box on the blue form (2042) This was box 8TK last year, but forms do change from year to year. This triggers the French tax credit against this pension.

All pensions income should be entered gross in Euros.

The dual taxation form can be found here. This needs to be submitted along with your French tax forms so that your state pension can be paid gross by the UK.

The tax allowances in France are based on the household, so for a couple there would be allowances for "2 parts", each part provides €9700 allowance before tax is applied. 

There is also a 10% abatement for pension income but this is calculated automatically by the tax office.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busterboy - 3 years ago

If your husband is living in france with you he will have to declare his pension also!

Sorry no image available

Try the Inland revenue site ,the form is to be filled in english and french ( from what I can remember ) .

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

I was advised by the tax office to refer to my basic old age pension as "pension de base" and my other private occupational pension (from county council) as "pension privée"

Sorry no image available
Posted by longmeadow - 3 years ago

Where can I obtain/download the dual taxation treaty form?

My hushands pension is UK Gov Police and not taxed in France.

My questions are referring to the forthcoming declaration (pink form) relating only to my recently paid state (old age) pension which is my only income and for this tax year will only amount to approx 700 pounds.

Sorry no image available

The incomes from both countries are taken into account unless it is a civil service pension ,where tax is paid in England .There are boxes for both state and civil service pensions on the form,most yax offices have someone who can help tou fill the forms in .

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twiglets-10060825 - 3 years ago

There is a discussion on AI Poitou-Charentes asking almost the same questions...

Sorry no image available
Posted by longmeadow - 3 years ago

Thankyou for info - is there an income ceiling for individuals who have the UK State Pension before they pay tax in France?

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

You need to be clear what sort of "old age pension" you are referring to.If you mean the state old age pension then this should be paid toyou tax free from the UK and subject to tax in France.Likewise if you have private or occupational pensions.This is done by completing the Dual taxation treaty form and getting it stamped by the Impots.If you are referring to government occupational pensions such as police teachers etc then these will always be taxed at UK source and an allowance given in France  against the already paid Uk tax.Just a word of advice these pensions should be declared as originating from "la fonction publique en Royaume Uni" and if asked verbally you should declare your work as being a "fonctionnaire publique" as some expats view thterm fonctionnaire as meaning civil servant in the uk and say to the fisc that they were not fonctionnaires which has resulted in confusion; fonctionnaire refers to any govt type job