DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Impots from Jandave Updated.

Posted by jandave - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 3 years ago

Thanks Jandave for the explanation, I hope all works out correctly for you  with these social charges it seems that it can be a bit of a nightmare if they are applied wrongly, or one slight mistake is made on the tax forms. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by jandave - 3 years ago

Hi Tigre, I will answer your question as best I can.  The lady asked about our pensions being private or public and I had put both together which apparently I shoud not have done. This was not a great problem as I have a very small private pension, having been self employed, she checked my calculations for income which showed up as wrong for me and my wife, mine I overstated my wifes I understated not by a great deal on either so again no real problem. She entered the figures on forms she had photo-copied from mine crossing out my figures in the Pensions. Retraites. Rentes column (First page). I had mine and my wifes pensions in this column and totaled both together, but she only put my private pension income in this column. She also put R.U. alongside in the column marked, (Nom de pays ou de la collectivitie ou chaque revenue a ete caissie.)               On the back page where you would, I thought, have copied what you had put on the front page all she did was cross through what I had given as our total income and put in her revised figures again, which was the total of all our pensions. In the column marked Nom de pays etc. she again put R.U. and in the column nature du revenu she put pensions.    I would add that because we have a house in the UK I have of course to comply with English law to fill in an English tax form. I am unsure what if any difference that makes to the French tax form.  Hope that helps.        They also said we would receive by post a revised tax bill, on the one that gave me palputations there is a sum of almost 1,000 euros for social charges and they only said on the phone about the tax side being rectified so will find out in due course wether the social charges still stand, if so, the saga will continue, somehow.         I would also add that we had gone into the impots to have help filling in the form originally so the person who helped us got it a little bit wrong also.                                         

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

I am glad for you-but not surprised - you really have got to watch them like a hawk - as my previous post on the previous topic.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 3 years ago

That's good news jandave. Did the impot give you the reason  why they had made such a big calculation error? For example social charge on UK rental income,  or had you made a mistake when filling out the forms? As good as it is that it has been sorted I think it's equally as important to understand why. Finding this out and letting others know what the problem was just may help other forum members as well as you when next years forms have to be submitted. Doing a search on the AI site regarding social charges throws up a lot, and the Pontivy tax office has been mentioned before regarding this social charge problem and wrongly charging people.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

What a wonderful outcome!!!   How lovely....

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

In my experience most French fonctionnaires want to help and if they see you are playing by the rules and making an effort they will help you and I have always found the Impots very obliging

Sorry no image available
Posted by blotto - 3 years ago

Glad to hear it's been sorted.  I would echo that sentiment regarding paying them a visit, and the same goes for lots of places such as CPAM, Prefecture, etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

What a great relief! Really nice that they were completely sympathetic re. your obvious concern. Bravo!