DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Info required

Posted by clearview-443288 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ozzy Mandias - 3 years ago

I don't think there is anything abnormal about it but, as I understand it, the deeds are actually held centrally by the land registry and anything you have is only a copy. Upon agreeing a sale your notaire will call for the originals and draw up the compromis according to those. As others have said, an agent may need a copy for clarity if negotiating with a potential buyer. If your friend's question is really "is there anything sinister in this" then I would say no.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 3 years ago

The notaire that dealt with the sale has a copy ,ask them to email them to you then you can print them off.

Sorry no image available
Posted by John Rodney - 3 years ago

What is the proceedure if you have lost/mislaid your deeds?  I think I have lost mine.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

Praps they want to copy it for when they do the compromis!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Explorer-386899 - 3 years ago

We are selling our house right now. We do not have to show the deeds to the estate agent.  We have already taken them to the Notaire.  It is the notaire who needs your Title/ Deeds, not the estate agent;  this assumes that you have found buyers.

If you have not found buyers then perhaps the agent just wants to see if your house and land have any restrictions or shared pathways, rights of way across your land, for example. This can make huge differences to potential buyers of course.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kingly - 3 years ago

It's normal

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Well the agent needs to be sure that you are the owner that there is nothing in the deeds that may make a sale difficult eg rights of way etc and the deeds you have are only a copy of the official record held at the cadastral office not like in the uk.