DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Keeping own accounts/Accounts software packages

Posted by texas-412739 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 3 years ago

I think that you need to look up and understand the "régime réel super simplifié bic" which might help you to further understand just what can be claimed under expenses etc.

You should also investigate whether it is to your advantage to join "un centre de gestion agréé". There will be an annual charge (deductible) and they will verify and stamp your accounts. If you don't use them the taxman will add 25% onto your profit to calculate your income tax.

The auto-entrepreneur site gives an example of the accounting books that you are obliged to use (can be created as .xls files). The govt. site also gives examples. These books must contain certain informations by law although you can add extra columns if you need them. They will also cross reference you to your receipts etc file.

In theory you should not use .xls type files as they allow you to insert/delete lines and move information around once it has been recorded. The expensive and complicated accounting programmes are correct in not allowing that to be done. The tax man will tolerate a .xls file if things are entered correctly, but they would use it against you if they really wanted to get you (ie loose pages, blanc lines). All of the larger stationary type shops will have a series of notebooks made by Exacompta which are acceptable.

Hope that this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

Harry, he did say "I do have an appointment with an accountant but will be doing the day to day accounting myself." I take it he just wants to be up to speed on what's involved in the daily records that have to be kept, before he sees his accountant.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Harry Dresden - 3 years ago

You will find that unless you use a French registered accountant you ae open to investigation; particularly as since January 2014 people are expected to keep accounts in French complying with the French system - keeping a "grand livre" etc

Moreover you will need to register with a Centre de Gestion Agrée to get yuor accounts verified.

Sorry no image available

That is the way to go in any case IMHO, I think a lot of business that set up under the old AE would actually do better to cut the apron strings and go réel, AE discourages you from taking chances and investing in the business, you have to stay rigidly inside the box.

But that's by the by, anyway good luck with the venture texas.

Sorry no image available
Posted by texas-412739 - 3 years ago

Thanks - I did wonder about accounting for the sales when I'm not issuing invoices to customers...I know it's changed from autoentrepreneur, what I meant was that I can't operate under micro social simplifiée - i have to operate under régime réel simplifié which means there is no percentage allowance for expenses, but I can offset actual expenses against my profit.

Sorry no image available

I'm assuming you're OK with the French but in case you're using a translator and it's garbling it - basically you record each and every transaction, but if you make lots of sales in a day then you can use for instance one of those little calculating machines that stallholders have that produces a print out on a kind of till roll; you keep each day's printout and just write the daily total in your livre de caisse.

PS there is no longer a regime called auto entrepreneur, they are all entreprises individuelles now.

Sorry no image available
Posted by texas-412739 - 3 years ago

Thanks for your quick reply Reveuse - I am competent with excel so this could be the answer....

Sorry no image available