DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

l'immatriculation obligatoire

Posted by 40sh - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by 40sh - 3 years ago

Thanks for all the responses so far.

Maybe AE is trying to cover too wide a range of activities & skills. I'm sure not all the AE's are artisans, just people trying to earn a living. Unfortunately, you are still forced to register at the Ch de Met regardless of turnover or work that you complete. When we started AE in 2010, we had to register with Ch de Met, no choice, but we're not artisans!

Sorry no image available
Posted by steve the painter - 3 years ago

Forgot to say, I completed my course and paid for it in March 2009. I have been in contact with some of the men on that course and they are in exactly the same position......gave their qualifications, got their siret/sirens, and have been paying cotisations since then. We all thought that we were registered with the Chambres de Metier. I received my declaration from URSAAF saying that they had informed the CFE and CMA in Ploufragan and a Declaration de Debut  D'Activity from CDM themselves. So why did they not include the very first AE's in the CDM/CFE enrolment? Who knows???

Sorry no image available

When I first wanted to register as an AE, I was sent on the course, paid 315€, gave them all my diplomas and qualifications, and have been paying cotisations and tax ever since. At that time, we were told that we were registered with the Chambres des Metiers, but were never given the 'Artisan' badges that the other AE's have been given in the past few years - most of whom did not have to show proof of qualifications and experience. Now we have to do all this over again. I think that the very first AE's have slipped through the net somewhere and are now being penalised for something outwith our control.. I have just filled in the application to join the Chambre de Metiers and they are asking for all my diplomas, qualifications, etc., but I feel there is a monumental cock up somewhere along the line......and why are we to be de-registered because the CDM didn't send out our trade cards? They won't want my cotisations and taxes then?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

Sorry - "Confused & disappointed in the system" sounded a bit aggrieved to me!

When you say you are already registered, do you have your trade card?

Potential implications - well usually, any changes to the scheme for the following year are announced in December. Nothing new for 2016 has been announced as as yet so unless it is, the scheme will carry on as per 2015. Obviously if you don't register then there will be implications for you, because you'll find your AE deregistered. 

All the changes for 2015 were explained eg here http://www.auto-entrepreneur.fr/actualite/bilan-auto-entrepreneur-les-changements-2014-2015-2016-966456/ so if you keep an eye on the site, no doubt they'll report any changes for 2016 as soon as they are announced. Probably the cotisation rates will be changed slightly, they usually are.

Sorry no image available

In response to these two replies above, the Ch de Met say we have to do it again, so beware!

We are not aggrieved, I asked for info from fellow AE's who have come across this, the deadline date is 19-12-15, but any AE who already thinks that they are registered with Ch de Met, may need to reconsider.

I also asked for possible implications for AE's in 2016, I would like to add with limited income.

Would appreciate some positive responses.

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 3 years ago

40sh- if you already registered with the c de m then why would you have to do it again? As reveuse said, if you have your trade card and insee from the c de M then no need to do it again, you are all above board?

Who is saying you need to? Perhaps you should send them a copy of your initial registration with the c de m.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

The obligation for all ‘auto entrepreneur’ artisans to be registered with the CdM, and all AE traders with the Chambre de Commerce, was announced at the end of 2014 and came into effect as of 1.1.15. AEs already in business but not registered with CdM were given until December 2015 to comply. So you can’t exactly complain that the deadline been sprung on you without warning? Other measures introduced at the same time included the obligation to have a separate bank account for your business, and for artisans to state their insurance policy details on their factures etc, hopefully you heard about these requirements at the time they were announced and have already complied with them.

I believe that some Chambre des Métiers had local requirements for you to register and to attend a set up course before it became a national obligation, or allowed you to register if you wanted to even though it wasn’t an obligation. If you’re already registered with them and have an immatriculation number and a trade card, you don’t need to do it again, you just need to make sure that RSI links up your CdM immatriculation number with your siret number. Any AE artisans who aren’t registered with CdM by the end of the year, will have their siret cancelled and will not be allowed to continue into 2016.

I can see you’re feeling aggrieved 40sh but perhaps you need to bear in mind that auto entrepreneur was launched as a brand new initiative in 2009, and it has been reviewed and refined each year since then, as has to happen with new schemes. A new system is introduced, it turns out that the rules don’t work for this reason or that reason or people find ways to abuse them, so they have to tighten up. As we all know there’s been a lot of flak about AE artisans who shouldn’t have been in business because they didn’t have the skills, didn’t have the insurance, and they were giving the rest of you a bad name. You could say the government should have foreseen this and legislated against it from the start - but they didn't. Some local chambres des métiers did, and took their own steps. Now the government has recognised the problem and has introduced the requirement for all artisans to register with the CdM in an attempt to weed out those who have no qualifications and no experience, and give AEs more credibility. If you look at it that way, you might find you agree with the principle at least?

Sorry no image available

We set up AE in 2010 & at the time had to register with Ch de Met but are now being told that we have to do it again, which involves more paperwork & fees. Also not sure what the implications are for 2016, once all that is completed! Confused & disappointed in the system, when you try to do it properly!

Sorry no image available

I started as an AE in 2009,  had to attend the week's  training course, and supply all my painting/decorating diplomas, etc, to the Chambre de Metiers, who were running the course. I paid over €350 for this course, but now it seems that I am not registered with the Chambres de Metiers????? I phoned them up a couple of months ago and they sent me, quite literally, some 15 forms to fill in to register with them, none of which were relevant to my query - all the forms were to start up a business. So I asked again, and again, received the same forms last week. I have been paying taxes and cotisations here for 7 years, plus the extra taxes which have just recently been added to my quarterly declarations, and the artisan tax. I am beginning to wonder what exactly the Chambre de Metiers will do for me anyway? What am I missing? A lot of my friends,  French and British, all registered artisans, have not registered either,  as we all started in 2009 and the Chambres de Metiers were never mentioned at the time.........can't find an definitive answer to this one at all.