Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Local Government Pension - Tax Return

Posted by Pondgal - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pondgal - 3 years ago

Thank you  tinabee, luap1, Frisbest01 for your helpful answers.

We weren't sent a form 2047 by the H des I. as it had never been filled in before. But your answers accord with an older posting from Sunday Driver in 2012 and he's always spot on.

Thanks also to everyone who pm'd me.......... concerning the query, and the accountant!


Sorry no image available
Posted by Frisbest01 - 3 years ago


Your Government Pension is entered on line 8TK on form 2042.

Your UK State Pension is entered on line 1AS on form 2042.

Form 2047 should also be completed. Enter your Government Pension under section V1 Revenus Imposables etc and your UK State Pension under section 1 Pensions, Retraites etc.

Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by luap1 - 3 years ago

A UK State Pension and any other private pensions are entered as follows :

blue form ( 2042 ) 1AS ( and 1BS if your partner receives the same ) .... and transfered across to

red form ( 2047 ) page 1 - Pensions, Retraites, Rents

To prevent Social Charges being applied to your UK State Pension it is recommended that on the blue form ( 2042 ) page 2, Section E.  you write the following :

"Exonere de charges sociales- convention Franco - Britannique sur la double imposition; article 19 "

If you received a Winter Fuel Allowance for 2014 this should be added to your state pension and entered into box 1AS / 1BS as a total.

Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tinabee - 3 years ago

have a look here



Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

Are you talking about a French income declaration (if so it's an odd time to be submitting it)?

Is this a pension that's taxed at source in the UK?

Can't you bring up last year's declaration online and use that as a guide?