Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Looking for professional tax advice

Posted by Breeze-906262 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Breeze-906262 - 3 years ago

Please believe me when I say I need expert advice from someone who really knows their stuff. My situation is complicated and there have been recent changes about the sale of rental property in the UK when you are resident in France. No one should enter into financial transactions without first knowing exactly what they're going to be charged. We have options, such as this year, next year, 5 years, being French resident or UK resident and more. Then there's the question of scale and whether to spread across more than one tax year. So if anyone can recommend a really good accountant I'd be very happy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lakeman-415065 - 3 years ago

When you sell a property in France the Notaire will calculate any French tax liability as part of his involvement in your sale.  You are only taxed on "maisons secondaire."  I seem to remember that there is a guide to calculating tax liability in the information section of this site.    There are allowances but I do not think that you can "minimise" what you have to pay outside those allowances.