DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Micro-Entreprise or Auto-Entrepreneur ? Cotisations

Posted by madame-angeline-391106 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 20)

Sorry no image available
Posted by goldman-817387 - 4 years ago

Sophie, if you got a letter saying your monthly charges would include pensions if you changed to AE well that does not happen unless you reach certain limits , its around 4000euros per trimest for service

so I think the are a lot of AEs who in fact will reach pension age and will get nothing form the French,

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 4 years ago

walnut, yes CIPAV is a terrible organisation and it treats auto entrepreneurs badly in a lot of ways, and as a teacher unfortunately you come under CIPAV.

There's a table here (scroll down) that explains it - you'll see that CIPAV is the only caisse that doesn't allow cotisations at the lower rate for sales activities  http://www.istatut.com/faq/content/8/384/fr/activites-mixtes-en-auto_entrepreneur.html

Sorry no image available
Posted by walnut72 - 4 years ago

hi goldman, I think you misunderstood, I am talking about 2 Different enterprises not 1  that supplies goods and services at the same time ie plumber.

I was teaching part time and then started a market stall, charging 13.5% as advised by the chambre de metier. 1 year later I received a demand for Ursaaf for 23.5% on all sales.

Yes I argued it, even the lady at CDM didnt know,it is when you register as services then register a secondary occupation, it then attracts the higher rate. I have looked into this until I was blue in the face, it is a fact, but unfair, result they now get 0 cos Ive given up!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 4 years ago

goldman - 1. if you are putting a 100 per cent mark up on a shower, your customers might find that a bit on the steep side,

2. Existing AE artisans have until December this year to register with the cdm, and you will already be paying chamber fees along with your cotisations, bringing the total if you have opted to pay income tax payg to 25.38% (22.9 social charges, 1.7 income tax, 0.3 training, 0.48 chamber fee)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 4 years ago

Your quarterly declaration to the RSI as an AE gives a box to declare services and a box for sales ,you the send a cheque for the relative amounts worked out by the percentages.with micro enterprise you pay every month based on a guess ,then after three years the true cotisation figure is worked out and you refunded the overpayment or you pay the RSI the balance of any underpayment. You then pay the same amount every month based on your previous years turnover.this is one of the reasons the state came up with AE as an alternative because a lot of micros had good years followed by bad years then packed up,it was also brought in so people could hold down a full time job and run an internet business evenings and weekends.when the AE system first came miss lagarde wrote to every micro explaining how advantageous it would be to change to the AE system and how the monthly charges would include payments for pensions health and all other taxs and then the end of the year they hit you with around 400€ for contributions to the running costs of the chambres des métiers and a few other things,over all what you pay in cotisations as a micro or AE as a percentage of your income is about the same ,the main difference being AE is you pay based on what you earn after you have earned it and micro you pay whether you earn it or not.

Sorry no image available

we will have to agree to disagree but bear in mind that all I do is enter the amount of service (labour) that I sell and merchandise that I sell on the online declaration and the gov work out how much you pay and I can tell you that most A Es do not pay 25% on anything so I think its you with respect that have got it wrong .

Sorry no image available

Profession libérale Cipav 32 600 € pour la totalité des activités 21,30% Vente 21,30% Prestation de service

21,30%

Sorry no image available

if you offer services as your first then its 25% on all services, if as a lesser income you also register as commercial to also sell parts then they also attract the same high rate. this is a fact as I fell foul of this and had to pay back a years worth of the higher rate.

I registered to teach english 25% roughly

I then registered to sell craft supplies, wool etc ended up having to charge 25%, argued till I was blue in the face BUT thats the rule and if you dont follow it you will end up with a large bill at some point

Sorry no image available

NO its not 25% tax its 15% so if you buy a shower for example at 100 euros and sell it for 200 you will pay 30 euros in tax  . if you quoted your customer 500 euros for supplying and fitting  a shower you will then earn 300 euros for labour less tax and 70 euros on the materials so its better for you to supply the materials . you can do it on one invioce , some people think you need to have 2 invioces but this is not true , so the AE scheme is a good one and im sorry for those that think its coming to an end , but I am being told this simply is not true ; nor is there any fee for joining the charmbre de metiers if you are an existing AE good luck

Sorry no image available

NO its not 25% tax its 15% so if you buy a shower for example at 100 euros and sell it for 200 you will pay 30 euros in tax  . if you quoted your customer 500 euros for supplying and fitting  a shower you will then earn 300 euros for labour less tax and 70 euros on the materials so its better for you to supply the materials . you can do it on one invioce , some people think you need to have 2 invioces but this is not true , so the AE scheme is a good one and im sorry for those that think its coming to an end , but I am being told this simply is not true ; nor is there any fee for joining the charmbre de metiers if you are an existing AE good luck