Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


New passport with name change

Posted by Weeks-399941 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by leapfrog - 3 years ago

Yes, I was asked for a certified translation of both my divorce certificate (as I got divorced in France) and my marriage certificate.

Luckily I'm a certified translator, so did my own ;)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

Yes I agree with countrydweller,sabc15.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

If you were presented with a document in German would you know what it was? But do you really need to change your passport name as in France most married women keep and use their maiden names.All you would need to do is make sure bookings for flights are made in your maiden/previous name that is on the passport

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

I'm not surprised they want it translating to be honest after it is in French not english. No different than the French asking for english certificates to be translated. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by chemin vert - 3 years ago

If the Passport Office have told you what they want nothing anybody tells you on here will make any difference.