DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

No Claims Bonus

Posted by hangman-431308 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Breeze-906262 - 4 years ago

Well done Bob.  I do like to see a good complaint getting results!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by hangman-431308 - 4 years ago

Hi

Thanks to everyone for their help. My English insurance company have now issued the bonus confirmation - after I submitted a complaint.

Bob S.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Breeze-906262 - 4 years ago

I got my no claims discount here in France on a French car when I produced my renewal notice for my English car which showed I had earnt a 50% no claims in England. There was no quibble and no checking.  It isn't about only being entitled to one no claims discount, it's about insurance companies being reassured that you are someone unlikely to make a claim.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chemin vert - 4 years ago

A UK insurer will only issue a NCD certificate when you are cancelling your insurance with them and moving it to another insurer. You will not be able to use your current no claims on a second car in France.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 4 years ago

Yes you can but I was trying to explain why the situation had developed but this law change only applies to car and home insurance

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 4 years ago

From the 1st jan 2015 this has changed  and you can swap insurances after 1 years contract from 1/1/15 - whenever you like!

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 4 years ago

You should note that most if not all insurance policies in France are rolling contracts that is you sign up and in the contract are words similat to" this policy will be renewed each year unless"...the unless being the period of notice that you have to give to cancel the policy eg 30/60 days etc.It is not lke the uk where after the year you look round for a new insurer;that is why often french renewal noices are not sent out until after the expiration of the year as you have agreed to continue the poilcy

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Magdelaine - 4 years ago

Evenmore....NO it seems to be a probleme between HQ,Paris & the Franchise branches & that is one of my moans & groans but as I haven't found another assureur cheaper giving the same cover it is not so important now.

Sorry no image available
Posted by evenevenmoreantibs - 4 years ago

La Magdelaine Is that why they don't send out renewal notices untill well after the policy expires?

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 4 years ago

In the uk its the driver that accrues the bonus not the car and you can have different cars insured with different insurers who will all want proof of bonus ,so your insurance company should supply it.