DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

non payment !

Posted by apples-426462 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

I think at least the OP should post the make, model  and colour of the miscreant's car, otherwise there is not much point to this thread.

Sorry no image available
Posted by skydiver-437154 - 3 years ago

re poivron vert......excellent  answer to a good put question....definately will remember that. for that reply is VERY  true.      kind regards.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 3 years ago

There are dishonest people the world over. I think it is sad that some people have such a low opinion of their fellow Brits, you will equally find some very helpful and generous ones too. We tend to remember our bad experiences and forget the ones that pass well or without incident.

Sorry no image available
Posted by poivron vert - 3 years ago

When i lived and worked in Africa,i asked a local man,"why did he think that Britain had an empire where the sun never set" his reply was "because God would not trust the British in the dark." !

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

They travelled all that way to get the free laptop and then saw the DVD fr sale. Anything could have happened-lost the postal address/post complications etc etc

Sorry no image available
Posted by Itwasntme-998041 - 3 years ago

apples, unfortunately there are lowlife people about like this. If you are a honest any trusting person you tend to think others are aswell. When something like this happens to you it changes your mindset about people. lets hope what goes round comes around. Once bitten twice shy. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 3 years ago

Would agree with you Apples about the post regarding racism, ridiculous!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by terryl-10046266 - 3 years ago

As far as i am aware there are no laws against naming thieves!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by terryl-10046266 - 3 years ago

This sort of low life thief adds to the reasons why people cannot trust brits when they are willing to steal a dvd player which can be bought for a few euros nowadays. How could they afford the petrol to get there? A lesson learned sadly.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sprossie - 3 years ago

I have been on the other side of this too. We travelled a considerable way for an item that was offered to me unfortunatley there was a misunderstanding as no mention of payment had been made I took along a couple of bottles to say thank you. When we arrived I was asked for 50 € at the time I had about 20 on me. I offered to go to the nearest cash point but the (now) seller said send me a cheque its my fault I should have said I wanted paying. I sent a cheque the following day and asked that the seller email me upon receipt. After several emails I was on the verg of issuing another cheque when it turned up 6 days after it had been posted and correctly addressed.

Do you have an email address so you can contact these people to ask if the cheques been sent.