DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

offers for properties

Posted by walnut72 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

I think both the fellow posters are right. It depends on the circumstances of the seller, how long the house has been on the market and if they are motivated sellers.

In general go in low with reasons - you do not insult the vendor eg cut price by €4000 - replacement fosse, less another €4000 rewiring etc. The vendor can see you are serious, you can increase your offer as "good will" to the vendor.

The 30% is a good approach too. A friend of ours takes another view offer low and if they say no dont worry there will be another house around soon - for sure there is no shortage of houses in France. Just potentially in the area and with the outlook you want!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hilary Briss - 3 years ago

It is generaly accepted that the price asked for a property is about 30% more than it is worth,so start off and offer 30% less than they are asking for said property

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

Hi.I am sure I will be criticized,how ever,  I found a house on the market for 29k made an offer which has been accepted of 10k+ fees,make an offer you can always increase your offer if you wish,it is a buyers market.sabc15

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

Offer what you honestly think it is worth and what you can afford.