DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Passport change of address

Posted by Plouraypeople - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Plouraypeople - 3 years ago

May I thank everybody who replied to this. You could have been really rude about dozy Brits but you weren't! Thanks nkscevery body again.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

There is no need to change your address as the Passport does not request an address at all. When we left the UK in 2010 I sent a letter to the Passport Office advising them but didn't get a response so I guess they were wondering why I felt I needed to tell them!

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 3 years ago

A passport is based on your citizenship not your address, so no address is printed on the document unlike a driving licence. I have just renewed mine and it's still the same. So no need to inform the passport office if you move. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by thirstylaird - 3 years ago

This thread got me thinking so had a look at my one dozygirl is quite correct on my one it has a page for two addresses of people to be contacted in an emergency. Nowhere is there a page for my home address to change .As far as I am aware no one has their address in their passport unless things have changed in the last 3 years. Have the new chipped passports like mine been changed again?

Sorry no image available
Posted by malcolm1-10066606 - 3 years ago

You have no need to change your address , mine still has my Munich address on it . you change it when you renew your passport !

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl - 3 years ago

I've looked again and definitely no place for your address to be changed.  Perhaps the passports have been altered in the last 3 years.  My OH's passport is the same as mine.  Nowhere to change address.

Sorry no image available

I must be going blind.  Still can't find it.

Sorry no image available

The "address" page at the back of the passport is for the names and addresses of 2 contacts in case of emergency.  Nowhere in the passport does it have any information on change of address.  So, you cannot change your passport address.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Plouraypeople - 3 years ago

Cracked it, thank you. Should have looked properly!

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

The instructions are on the address page in the Passport.