DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Passport query

Posted by griff1974 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Football mad - 4 years ago

The other good change is that the fee is now the same as for a UK resident. There is a courier fee for delivery though, about £20.

Sorry no image available
Posted by BlindOrange - 4 years ago

Sigwells:

The important point is not what we have done but what we have to do now. All passport applications from France (and probably elsewhere) must use the UK Government website, pay online, and send the required information/documentation to the UK. I believe that this new system has been introduced within the last twelve months. It is how I renewed mine in January.

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 4 years ago

Sing wells, when did you renew yours? It has changed over the last year or so, the application no longer goes to Paris, it goes to the UK.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sigwells - 4 years ago

We have renewed our passports since living here, and we sent them to Paris.  They were pasted back to us with in a fortnight.  The same for our family who live here.  No problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 4 years ago

You apply and pay online, it will then tell you what paperwork you need to send for your renewal, all we had to send was a new photo! signed of course, Print off the real vent pages, no need to print them all. Sign in the box.  You then send the repavent paperwork AR to washington Tyne and wear.  The application details and sent online, along with the payment. They will then send back your old and new passport in two different registered packet by courier.  Ours arrived in about 10 days, both together 2 huge enveloped with a passport in each.

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 4 years ago

Griff,

As the embassy in Paris no longer deal with passports, I'm fairly sure that someone will return your friend's application sooner or later.

However, you could email the embassy in Paris and explain the situation if your friend needs her passport sooner rather than later!

janet

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 4 years ago

Moi, do you mean Tyne and Wear? Do all postal applications for expats living in France need to be sent to Newcastle?

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 4 years ago

Washington, Tyne and Weir.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 4 years ago

Probably return it to your friend. We did  all ours last month, paid for on line. Print of forms and send to UK. Two weeks from date sent they were returned

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 4 years ago

Washington UK ????????