DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Problem with Auto Entrepreneur

Posted by flynnboy - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

France seems to be obsessed with what it sees as the evil of 'precariousness', that was its main problem with AE, it thought that too many AEs weren't earning enough to be sustainable and weren't accruing enough pensions etc. That's fine when the economy is booming but surely with employment as it is, then any business at all is better than no business. You'd think it was obvious but as geegee says they don't seem to be able to see it

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

I can never seem to understand the thinking behind a lot of the actions taken by the state, you would think that people would be encouraged to start their own business rather than discouraged, the AE system was originally set up as a way to allow people to run a small internet business and work full time as normal, the state then encouraged micro enterprises to change their status to auto entrepreneur, the main idea being to make the new business start up figures look good, small businesses then started to abuse the system by getting members of staff to work as entrepreneurs so they could cut their overheads and now the state has tightened it up, but some businesses are still encouraging people to register rather than direct employ them, particulaly language schools, all thats happening now is there has been a drop in people registering, small businesses are the lifeblood of any nation and cannot always be run like some big conglomerate, I don't know why they don't operate a system like the English system where you can turn over up to the vat limit, do your accounts pay your tax regardless of whether you make something, sell something or provide a service and then operate a mini micro system as a separate entity, perhaps we should write to mr Macron and explain.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ingetje - 3 years ago

I am just surprised nobody has said that AE for artisans (and commercants) no longer excists! it has now become micro entrepreneur....you can only be AE as a liberal now, nothing else! whoever is still "AE" and has not registered with the CCI and filled out the proper forms and did not get an attestation and extract K-bis etc is no longer in business!

Sorry no image available

If you look at the autoentrepreneur site, what it says about ayant droits has changed and it now directs you to the RSI site, where it says

"Si je suis un conjoint sans activité, quel changement ?

Les personnes actuellement ayant droit d’un assuré peuvent conserver ce statut jusqu’au 31 décembre 2019. Elles deviendront ensuite assurées à titre personnel. Elles peuvent aussi faire la demande avant cette date butoir auprès de leur caisse pour avoir le nouveau statut."

So if you're already an ayant droit you can remain as you are until 2020 if you want but it doesn't say anywhere that I can see that you still have the option to become an ayant droit, it looks to me as if from now on you have to follow the new system.

I don't think that flynnboy should assume his business will automatically cover his wife, he needs to find out asap.

Sorry no image available

'vanishing' not 'vaishing'

Sorry no image available

You may be right busterboy, it doesn't seem clear to me.

What it says is "Le 1er janvier 2016, la protection universelle maladie (Puma) est mise en place. Dorénavant, les personnes majeures sans activité professionnelle ont droit à la prise en charge de leurs frais de santé à titre personnel, sous réserve de résider en France de manière stable et régulière. Elles n'ont plus besoin d'être rattachées à un assuré ouvrant droit. Ainsi, la notion d'ayant droit disparaît pour les personnes majeures." 

https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F16622

i.e. it says you no longer need to be attached to an insured person. It  doesn't say in so many words that you can't be. But it does go on to say that the notion of 'ayant droit' is vaishing, which suggests that it's not going to be an option any more. Also the améli site talks about the "suppression progressive du statut d'ayant droit". Remains to be seen how this will be interpreted I think and whether they will accept any new 'ayant droits'.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busterboy - 3 years ago

The way I read the 'ayant droit' issue is that the right to get health care is the same - ie via a dependant - but the ayant droit has their own card  - so independant / confidental etc.

Sorry no image available

Bartyb, glad you picked that up again - I did mention it in the very 3rd post on the thread but it got a bit lost in everything else.

Sorry no image available

Back on topic, not sure if I dare come back on this thread but it did occur to me that Flynnboy said "we have no Carte Vitale or anything until after I can register". I'm not sure you should assume this because as I understand it, under the new PUMa system you no longer obtain healthcare for a partner as an ayant droit - the ayant droit status no longer exists except for children. I think your partner will have to apply for her own carte vitale, which means she can apply after 3 months of residence, she doesn't have to wait until you are registered. I could be wrong because PUMa has only just been introduced, possibly this does not apply to micros but I think it applies to everybody, so unless somebody on here knows for definite it might be a good idea to look into it because your partner doesn't want to wait 4 months if it turns out she could have put her application in after 3. And I suppose that after 3 months' residence you could apply yourself although it might just complicate things even more.

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

just to chip in. Surely IF you're going down the AI route you should be registering as a commercial type (rather than artisan) as you're income is derived from selling things, allbeit things that you've made. You have overheads of purchasing raw materials so you need to have that element built into your AI scheme. The principal is no different to buying things in hundred kilo sacks and selling in 100gram fancy bags tho' I understand that the skill level is in a fifferent league.